Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the correct kind of grips for a SS .44 mag anaconda, it currently has rubber Hogue grips?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,882 Posts
The correct grips were Colt contract exact copies of the Pachmayr Gripper, with silver Colt medallions.

The same grip fits the Trooper Mark V, and the King Cobra.

Strangely, these are listed as made by Sile, but they're ringers for the original Pachmayr Gripper.

I can only guess that either Colt had some kind of agreement with Pachmayr, or Pachmayr's patents have expired.

To buy a pair:
Colt lists these on their web site under parts.

However, it might be easier to buy them from Brownell's Gunsmith Supply.
They list them at $27.00.
http://www.brownells.com

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
CDNN has the correct Anaconda/King Cobra factory Colt black rubber grips, finger groove, with silver Colt medallion, new, for $9.99...their stock number COLVRM.
Kentucky Imports, in Louisville, has the correct factory walnut grips, for the Anaconda/King Cobra, for $20 something a pair. I got several pair a few months ago, and don't recall the exact indvidual price. They are factory new Colt, walnut, with Colt medallion, and are available in the finger groove combat style, or the square butt, like was on the the Trooper V's.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My 1st year production Anaconda bought brand new came with Gold Medallions. So blanket statement about silver medallions being correct doesn't tell the whole story. No offence intended dfaris.

To answer your question kennedy about price, if condition is right then that is a very fair price. Ten bucks to retro fit with correct grips is nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts