Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grips for late 1950\'s model Colt Cobra 38 Special

Does anyone know where I might find grips for this gun. It has the longer frame with the rounded butt. I have several sets of the factory wood and plastic grips already. Was looking for a Hogue / Pachmayr like grip because I can't seem to find one that Hogue makes, and the only grip you can get from Pachmayr now that fits that gun is the Presentation grip, which is huge. Not sure if Hogue or Pachmayr made them back in the day. I guess that might be an option if they did, to look for old grips by those companies. Also wanted to get a nice set of Badger / Spegel like wood grips. Again, neither of those 2 folks make them it seems. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: Grips for late 1950\'s model Colt Cobra 38 Spec

What about taking a Pachmayr Compaq set, which are molded for the later short square butt as you know, and cutting the enclosed bottom to accomodate the round butt? Even if the butt extended slightly, it is round and it would be like an "exposed bottom strap". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't know if the locating pin would be a problem because I don't have a round butt (Colt) or I would check it myself. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: Grips for late 1950\'s model Colt Cobra 38 Spec

Sent a PM. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts