Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new toy to the range today and was generally pleased with its performance. However, it was wondering if there are different grips available for the pistol, the original are a little big. Also, the DA portion seems to be very intense. I would like to change the springs(if that is possible or needed).Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the Wolff spring kit on a Colt Trooper MKIII. Of the reduced power mainsprings I have only tried the 13lb one. That one at least has reliably fired the handgun with good deep indents into the primers.

Dave

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
IF the "target stocks" seem a little large,try the wood "service" stocks",that were standard of the Mk. IIIs,models;Official Police,Lawman,(BUT -NOT the SNUBBY version),and the Metropolitan.

Have seen these on "fleabay" and they are NOT bad looking,and much better for the smaller hands.Might even try a Tyler or Pachmayr grip adapter with these stocks once you find some,for a little better control in rapid fire.

Bud

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I suspect the TOP photo shows the large stocks that he has now.

Lower photo is of the "service stocks" that I mentioned,and are less hand filling.

Bud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts