Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know, if SA grips, will fit a New Frontier?? Or what generation grips one might try for a close fit that might be worked with and made fit?? Thanks!!
Oh yeah-- the NF is a ,22 and ivory or stag grips are required.

------------------
An Armed Society Is A
Polite Society

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
The .22 New Frontier takes.....22 Colt Peacemaker/.22 New Frontier grips.

I "think" (been a few years) that the older .22 Scout grips interchange.

The center-fire Single Action Army grip will NOT fit since they use a much larger frame.

Your best bet for real ivory or stag grips is to contact one of the custom grip sources like Ajax?? and have a pair made.
Often these companies recommend sending them the grip frame so they can custom fit the grips.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have run into that before. NO WAY I am sending a gun to those folks. They are in the business and should have a blank. I can fit the grips myself, I just need a good set of blanks, or more correctly the basic grips.

------------------
An Armed Society Is A
Polite Society

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
Several of them WILL sell 99 1/2% finished grips.

They'll tell you that the grips won't be a PERFECT fit, and that any additional fitting is up to you, with the provision that if you "botch" it, there's no return or refund.

A look through Shotgun News, or an internet search will turn up several companies that will sell you nice grips.

There are two bigger companies (Ajax?? Art Jewel??) who will sell this way.

WARNING: If you buy ivory and intend to fit them yourself, WEAR A RESPIRATOR.
Ivory dust is TOXIC and you can get VERY sick or even die from inhaling the stuff.

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 06-17-2004).]

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dfariswheel:
Several of them WILL sell 99 1/2% finished grips.

They'll tell you that the grips won't be a PERFECT fit, and that any additional fitting is up to you, with the provision that if you "botch" it, there's no return or refund.

A look through Shotgun News, or an internet search will turn up several companies that will sell you nice grips.

There are two bigger companies (Ajax?? Art Jewel??) who will sell this way.

WARNING: If you buy ivory and intend to fit them yourself, WEAR A RESPIRATOR.
Ivory dust is TOXIC and you can get VERY sick or even die from inhaling the stuff.

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 06-17-2004).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

farris--- I sure do! been fitting Ivory for some years now, as well as stag, a respirator is a must for sure. I just never see good grips for the NF, always for the SA, and I wondered if they would work with a bit of fitting.
THANKS!

------------------
An Armed Society Is A
Polite Society

1 - 5 of 5 Posts