Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own both a Kodiak and a Grizzly. I have read posts on this forum that both guns should have the serpent colt logo on the grips. My Grizzly does not, and three other grizzly's I have seen do not.

Is it possible that many of the grizzly's were shipped with the standard grips instead of serpent grips?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Jeff:
No only are you a good guy for info you are willing to share it and I for one appreciate it.That set of Grizzlies may be one of a kind.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I own a Kodiak and a Grizzly that both have the serpentine Colt logo grip medallions. A second Grizzly that I sold a couple of years ago, also came with the same serpentine medallions. Of the dozen or so others of each model I've seen over the years, all have had the serpentine medallions.
The NIB grizzly I sold had a small, but conspicuous, nick in one grip, from a handling "oops", and I searched gun shows, repair shops, had a fellow searching the Colt factory, and even tried to talk the grip vendor into making me a new set if I supplied the medallions....No dice. I spent a couple of years looking for a set and could not even find anyone who had ever seen a loose set of them.
Nobody could be certain what Colt did or did not do, but I doubt if Colt ever shipped either model with the rampant colt medallions because the fellow who tried to help at Colt, remembered there was a very small number of grips left over, but they were all gone by the time I needed a set. I doubt if Colt would have shipped them with the lesser grips as long as they still had a supply of the serpentine medallion grips. All that said, I must confess that there is at least one Grizzly in circulation that left my possession wearing a set of rampant colt medallion "Goodyear" grips... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Interesting to note the Kodiak with the correct grips is NIB, and the two Grizzlies with the questionable rampant colt grips are both used guns... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
One other bit of info on the Grizzly total....Whatever the total production might have been, there is at least one less that will never make anyones collection. I purchased a complete parts set for a grizzly that some idiot police department had confiscated and had the frame chopped into pieces. If that don't bring a tear to your eye, nothing will... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts