Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodday, Colters and colteresess!

I'm looking for pictures or drawings of Colts.
Now chevis has got an avatar in which you can see what I think is a rattlesnake and a colt most logically a Diamondback.

Does anyone know a link on the net where I can find these pictures and drawings?

Thanks,

Gunsmoke.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
If you a talking about the animal colt versus the revolver Colt for illustrative purposes, do a Google search on + colt + clipart, for example, and look over the offerings. There are some, but I don't know exactly what you have in mind. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow!

Makes you wonder if the artist who made that one stopped right there or made some others as well. There are some other snakes around!

If the artist was reading this forum, he could try to make a few repros and try to sell them. I for one wouldn't mind to spent a couple of bucks to get something like that framed up on my wall.

Thanks for sharing ,chevis! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Well, for starters, take a look at what these people do and look at their client list. Perhaps he was hired / commissioned by Colt to do a poster? I will look further. I should note that his is a name on the photographer list. Perhaps THEY did a poster and he got to have the credit line?
http://www.italyphotoproduction.com/
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
I took the picture out of the frame.It was published in France and is an 8X10...when I get time I think I'll take it to Walgreen and see if they'll do some copies for me and go from there.I'm sure they'd sell for $15,,course might have that much in em if I framed them.It's hard to get a photo shop to do copys though because it's kinda illegal,but if I catch a young person running the film center they might not care,,,or know.
Joe

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
There is / was a Bruno Joachim Studio, but none of the links are current. I see references to other photographs by him. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chevis, you say it was published in France. Do you have the name of the publisher?

Maybe we can dig up something that way?

·
Registered
345 Posts
bottom of the print is like this

BRUNO JOACHIM & GRAPHIQUE DE FRANCE
PUBLISHED & DISTRIBUTED BY GRAPHIQUE DE FRANCE
PRINTED IN FRANCE
----------------------------------------
back of print says this
GDF
P 9
and off to the side of the same piece of label
GDF413 P 9 @12.00
PYTHON
JOACHIM
POSTER
8X10 BLACK

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you don't have any luck I'll send you a copy when I get a couple made.I wont put it in a frame but I'll send you one for free when and if I can get a photo place to make me a couple copies.It is copyrighted,so that will be my only problem,but I think Walgreen might do it.Walgreen is an all purpose drug store that sells different stuff,along with their high dollar one hour copy machine.Usually young people run it and don't care about breaking a silly law,might be a different story if I was asking for 100 copies,but half a dozen I might have some luck.
Joe

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Their website seems to be still in construction for the "poster" category. Anything you search for with "python" turns up "monty python". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe we need to search python not monty....hmmmm just noticed my keyboard doesn't have a logical not /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try this:

"And now for something completely different".

If that doesn't help messmurise your computer by binding a nappy across your head and just act stupidly.

If that fails, kill a parrot and try to get your money back at the petstore.

Last resolution is to put on a waiters uniform, leave your trousers off, and sing the ever popular tune: "Sit on my face and tell me that you love me".

If that still doesn't help trade in your SUV for an empty cockonut, put on the dress of a knight and start galloping to the nearest looneyfarm. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chevis,

If you do get lucky I insist to pay for P+P.

My home adress is not perticularly right next door. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
There is hope for some humor on this board! Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge. Anyway, I noticed the local UPS Store had a $.39 color copy special. Don't know if its a national promo or not. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm a born and raised Dutchman and live across the Great Pond in the Netherlands. I'm in my mid-thirties now and enjoy my life with my wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a Diamondback! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was born in 1970 along the shores of the ijssel-lake in the historic town of Hoorn. In the golden age ships set sail from it's harbor to the East and the West. Cape Hoorn on the Southern tip of South America was namend after my native town.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Great,,then you qualify for my one time free shipping when I get the Python print made.I was just checking as I probably had 5 vacations in europe and 90% of the time was spent in Holland.I know that Holland has a problem with immigrants,the same as lots of other countrys.I been there and seen with my own eyes.The true Dutch women are my favorite women in the world.I'm sure they can be a bitch like any other,but the young ones that ride bikes sure are a site to watch,setting outdoors drinking a cold beer in the middle of June is some fond memorys of mine.So for the number of Dutch people that helped me out,you owe them,not me.Maybe this next June I will be back,as I work for an airline as a machinist,and I'm always dreaming up a vacation.
Take Care
Joe

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Get back to me by that time and I'll get the beer ready!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts