Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
It does seem a reasonable price. The New Frontier...at least to me...is the best looking SAA type revolver made. I have one identical to that outside of mine is a newer model with Elliason sights rather than the standard Colt Accro rear sight they formerly came with. It's too bad New Frontiers don't have the market value a traditional SAA carries...I think it's a more versatile revolver for actual use.

If that one had a 5 1/2" barrel I'd be checking my stash for funds to buy it.

Reactions: 4597 and lounick

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good, then it wasn't just me. I, too like the look of NF's!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I always thought it was strange the Colt NF's don't get as much love when it comes to resale value. Just look at the prices that the old 1st Gen flat top target SAA's go for. Seems like an injustice.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I'm anything but an expert in this particular field, but that seems a fair price. If I was in the market, I'd likely pick that one up. It's already "shooter" ready, so no worries about "should I shoot it, should I not...blah blah blah...". I'd get it and shoot the heck out of it! I love the NF guns and as others have said, for a Colt at current times, that's a decent price. I don't think you'd do much better.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
well i have a question for u all....i would love to find one like this with a shorter barrel for my Dad...would it be a terrible thing to get this one and change the barrel?....one of my most favorite memories is with Dad and his best friend and shooting with Dad's Christy New Frontier with Stag grips...it was a 5.5" 45 colt...thanks in advance God Bless,John

·
Registered
362 Posts
well i have a question for u all....i would love to find one like this with a shorter barrel for my Dad...would it be a terrible thing to get this one and change the barrel?....one of my most favorite memories is with Dad and his best friend and shooting with Dad's Christy New Frontier with Stag grips...it was a 5.5" 45 colt...thanks in advance God Bless,John
Go ahead and do it. This is a relatively unsought after new revolver. It's not like you're altering a lettered 1st gen. A few years ago (before Colt restarted NF production) I shortend the barrel of an early 3rd gen NF and put a new front sight on it. It has served me well and looks good too.

Here's how it started out. Colt NF7R.JPG And here's how it ended up. 1101.JPG Click pics to enlarge.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Well i have been looking and found so many with the shorter barrels too...so i might not have too,...very cool...u all are great enablers...thank u....God Bless,John

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts