Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greeting ,has anyone done any buisness with gun broker? how does it work...does it work like ebay ??
please post a reply rj

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
rj; it might me nice if you thanked people for taking the time to try & answer your questions,instaed of insisting "please post reply"!! Bud

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many many sincere thanks to all my new colt friends for all your help and assistance , rj

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guy and gals , do we have any colt gals ?
well i hope so basicaly does it work like ebay with regards to maxium bid not showing until another party drives the price up. new to auctioning guns and need to know , many thanks rj

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes the auto bid works like e-bay. You submit your highest bid and it keeps bidding for you till it hits the limit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unless you are really in the market for some hard to get collector firearm does it really pay to buy online and go thru all the red tape and exra fees involved. Just a question Iv'e been curious about.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,899 Posts
If it's a current production gun you can get for a comparable price at your local dealer, no.

Where it pays to shop on-line, is when you're looking for a gun that's an older model or a type that doesn't show up locally.

Another good reason, is if you're looking for a good used gun, and you're local dealer may not see one for years, if ever.

As an example, you're shopping for a S&W made before the current crappy-looking hammer and cylinder release, or you're looking for a good used Python.
Most local dealers don't see a Python for years, and when they do, it may not be in the best of shape.

Wait for a local dealer, and you may have to take something in worse shape that you'd want.
Shop on-line, and you have an entire country to choose from.

One of my great regrets, was never finding a Colt 357 Model. I've had every other Colt DA revolver made, but I never found a 357 locally.

Now that I'm retired and broke, I see them fairly often on-line.

·
Registered
794 Posts
GB does work a little differently.

Read close about the "15 minute" rule on GB. This is great for sellers but bad for buyers bidding at the end of the auction.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Sniping is so bad on Gunbroker the 15 minute rule somewhat levels the playing field for those not on the faster bandwidth. Those on dial-up have virtually no chance against cable or dsl users in the last few seconds.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Some people aren't fortunate enough to live in an area with choices of dealers or a selection of models that you prefer. In those situations the online sites have greatly expanded the shopping opportunites for the buyer.

·
Registered
991 Posts
You almost have to watch this everyday. You can find some really great bargains, but they are few. I prefer GunsAmerica.com because it is strictly classifieds, no bidding. Watch it everyday and you can definitely find some good bargains, but you must jump on it right away or someone else will.

I do all of my purchases online because I live in the stupid state of Maryland. You can not buy a new revolver in this state without the stupid built in lock. There is a grangfather clause in the law that allows the purchase of a used revolver/firearm without the built in lock if it was manufactured prior to the law going into effect in 1999. That is why I buy everything online. The Maryland gun dealers have used guns prior to the date, but they are very expensive. I think they are just taking advantage of the law and driving up the price on used guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts