I joined a year ago but took a break from researching an inherited gun collection on this forum because I was obsessing and doing nothing else. You guys are addictive. Last week I pulled my guns out again and now I've got chair sores and bloodshot eyes from a 5 day marathon of reading and doing research. I've been saving up my questions.
- Why are some people worried about posting weapon serial numbers? It's not like your SS#. What are they concerned about?
- Besides checking here and Gunbroker - are there other places you recommend to ascertain the value of gun related items like old parts, ammo, boxes, books, magazines, holsters, paperwork, etc.?
- I'm fascinated by people posting old boxes with serial numbers... Would love to find some that went with my guns but I know I probably have better odds of winning the lottery. Has anybody here ever found the original matched box for their gun?
- Did all Colt Semi Auto boxes have serial numbers and if so, where on the box is printed?
- Is Clawson's book on the Government model out of circulation? I only saw 2 posted for sale on the internet... one was $3,000 and the other was $6,000. Is there anything I'll find in there that I won't find in my Goddard book?