Colt Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
It all depends on (1) if you ever want to sell the "complete" package and (2) the eventual buyer.

If the gun is to be passed down, the balance of the peripheral items may not matter. But if selling to a specific collector who wants a time capsule with everything that the manufacturer initially included, it's paramount. If it's in there, I keep it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
"locks.......we don't need no stinking locks......"
I would like to be able to say the same thing. But according to our laws, with the exception of the guns registered for concealed carry, everything else has to have some sort of locking device when in transit.

None of the guns I bought new came with a lock though. Go figure.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
687 Posts
What colt pistols that come with a lock do you guys think will be collectible?

If the lock came with it then it's part of the package. It would be incomplete without it. If I had a choice between one with the lock and one without and they were listed at the same price; I'd choose the one with the lock.

I keep every lock in the plastic and store in an ammo box. If I ever did sell a gun, I don't think I could figure out which lock went with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a drawer full of locks. No value to me. Everything else it originally shipped with, yes.
Some collectors may want it.
As said above, I would love to have the boxes I've thrown out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I dont really care much for boxes etc... but if your saving the box , why not put the lock in it and keep both. Its not like it's taking up any extra room. If it has the makers logo on it you may want to keep it, just look at what well used Colt counter mats sell for.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Here I thought a gun lock was half of what every good shotgun had...................well, two of. Shotguns are definitely worth more when accompanied with both of theirs.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts