Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am back from yesterdays trip to the other dealer who said he sells on the internet an would have no problem with getting me a fair price.
I took 3 Smiths,1. 39-2,2.625-3 and a Mod.28 all still in the box and like new. The two Pythons an the commercial Colt Govt I bought new in 1967 it is still in it's original box with paper work.
NOW he could get me roughly $325.00 to maybe $350.00 for each gun and now the kicker his costs for selling the guns was $130.00 per,SO I GET $200.00 apiece for them.
I did not even ask what the Colts would bring I left.
I want to sell them but I do not have a FFL so any Ideas.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

I want to sell them but I do not have a FFL so any Ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need an FFL as long as you are shipping to an FFL and he agrees to accept them from a non FFL and then the gun is transfered to the buyer from him.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Right. Notice how many sellers on the internet auctions are not FFL dealers. Only required that you ship to an FFL (you should get a copy with original signature, which some FFLs are reluctant to send to individuals) and that you ship by common carrier (no USPS) according to their requirements, usually 1 day air to minimize their exposure. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah it's starting to look up.I am just trying to get what they are worth.Will be back next week hopefully.
Hang in there

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to get an original FFL copy. A faxed copy will also work.

[/ QUOTE ]

New rule. Good point. Some FFLs, if they accept from individuals, may want a copy of your DL. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't know if 11thACR is getting lots of private emails from people here wanting to buy his guns - and I think it's already been suggested - but if he really wants to get good prices for his guns (at least his Colts), sounds like he is well advised to offer them for sale on this site.

I don't understand the reason for wanting to involve a dealer who is going to take his "cut" and/or not offer a fair price. Depending on condition/etc, sounds like he would certainly realize much more than what the dealers have been offering - even if he sold for less than the outrageously high market would pay right now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not sold anything yet. Will know exactly what I am going to do around the end of the first week in Sept.
Hang in there
George M.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts