Colt Forum banner

Gun show day with my boys!

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  MarkInTx 
#1 ·
Wish me some good luck! 🍀🔫

#9 ·
Match day for me!Always enjoyed taking my boys to the gun show. They learned early on that "we see with our eyes NOT with our hands."It is even more fun now that they are in their 20's.
Very true about the see with your eyes and not with your hands. I can't tell you how many times I said "don't touch" today between the two of them! I don't even want them touching the tables.

#8 ·
I'll list the ones that stood out. 1975 Nickel 6" Python 96-97% with aftermarket stocks no box $2,200. Not sure of year nickel 8" Trooper .22 no box or papers original stocks 95% $1050. 1960 DS .38 with box n papers 97% $1100. 1984 SAA 4 3/4" Nickel 45LC w/ box n papers (custom shop)extended grip frame (I just started a thread about this one)(I'm think about that SAA, It sure was purdy)Came home empty handed, but my boys are loving their new Chinese stars! 

#13 ·
Well, as an old fart I spent the day at Charlotte Metrolina gun show with my two sons, age 52 and 50, and one of my grandsons about 24. Grandson is walking encyclopedia about "everything" that shoots a bullet. (Naval Academy and Citadel).
We all walked together for several hours. I went on a "buzz walk" and covered 3 buildings very quickly looking for old Colts and Smiths that interests me.
Typically about 3 dealers carry anything I would be interested in.
As for Colt's...only one dealer had anything ...Python 2 1/2" with wrong stocks, $3 grand. POS Python 6", something like $1,800. Some more but Lawman, crazy.
All together we probably didn't spend $200 buck, but a great day with my boys!! (I think all the wives were glad to get us out of the house.)

#16 ·
This may not be exactly on topic, but here in my end of the forest, we have an expo center at the airport where most of the local gun shows are held. It just happens to be on the same road I take to visit my LGS. So I usually hit both places. Results; nearly every time I visit the gun show first, then on to the LGS. At the gun show I normally only spend the $6 for admission, walk around a bit, and leave. Go to the LGS, see many more items that would be better off in my gun room, but since there isn't a bed in that room, I don't bring all that stuff home. But the conversation, seeing friends, and drooling on the counter glass, makes the trip worthwhile, and no admission cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.