Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked these up Sunday at a local gun show.:eek: Old one piece ivory for SAA, left side carved with the Alamo and Texas flag. Being I'm a Texan, I couldn't resist them!:eek: Now I've gotta figure out what gun to put them on.:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,486 Posts
I was gonna say let me put your mind and ease and just put them on one over here... but that is a outstanding set of stocks. I hope you can find the right single action to match them with.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Fine looking grips there . Trouble is old ivory is a bit fragile, so perhaps you need to put them on a beaut old SAA that you dont shoot too often. When you decide put up a picture.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Nice find Hugh !! I'm sure you have the perfect revolver for them as I've seen pictures :) On another note you had time to go to a gun show ? :rolleyes: Get back to the grind... sir :p LOL

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
COOL!! Those would be hard to pass up!! I'm sure they'll be put to good use. Can't wait to see what they end up on!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grips found a home here for now, thought this old BP Colt would be appropiate.:cool:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Fantastic looking stocks!! Did they fit correctly or did you have to "massage" them some?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't know who did the work, I bought them from an "Antique Dealer" and he had no history on them.:confused: They fit right on the shown gun with no adjusting!:eek: Lucky me!!!:eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Awesome grab! You didn't happen to pick em up at the Conroe show, did you? I decided not to go and am wondering iffen I should be kicking myself.....:bang_wall:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome grab! You didn't happen to pick em up at the Conroe show, did you? I decided not to go and am wondering iffen I should be kicking myself.....:bang_wall:
Nope! G.R. Brown C.C.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts