Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a table at a Richmond GS this past weekend and three nice Pythons 'came through the door.' One fellow had two 4" blued models and wanted $2600 for the older one (5-digit SN, I believe) and $2300 for the later gun. They were both 98+%. The earlier gun had grips which were very dark colored in the checkered area. I vaguely recall seeing such grips in my past, but was not sure of originality.
Another fellow had a 6" all blued Python from the 1980's (my estimate). It was in the same 98+% condition and he wanted $1700 for it.
Business was slow so I passed on all three.
I post this just to let members know what nice Pythons are being priced at in Central VA.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Thanks. I to attended a local show Sunday and saw a few pythons and DB. I passed on a stainless 6" and a trooper 22 from the same vendor. Just thought the quality of the piece wasn't there

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks. I to attended a local show Sunday and saw a few pythons and DB. I passed on a stainless 6" and a trooper 22 from the same vendor. Just thought the quality of the piece wasn't there
At the same show in the back I watched a gentleman buy a 6" stainless python for $2600. I think the python above was steep at $3450. I am cheap though.

·
Premium Member
21,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fellow Forum members: Since Python prices seem to be on a steep rise, it would be great to hear from members from all over who have seen recent sales of Pythons or even what people are asking for their Pythons. This will be helpful to potential buyers or sellers on the Forum.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Fellow Forum members: Since Python prices seem to be on a steep rise, it would be great to hear from members from all over who have seen recent sales of Pythons or even what people are asking for their Pythons. This will be helpful to potential buyers or sellers on the Forum.
3100 , local shop,scratched up matte stainless Python w/ ? original case

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have friend in Roanoke has a gun shop he carries mostly the top of the line Colts and Smiths, he is selling Pythons all over the place here in Virginia going to gun shows ect, his prices go anywhere from $2000-3000 depending on the condition, box ect, I was looking at one a couple of weeks ago at the gun show in Roanoke, I had a couple of guns to trade so to speak, a nice 686 2.5 and a real nice 4" model 19, trading those plus $1000 for a 4" Python ( price for the Python was $2195 ) and it was nice rubber grips and no box, now I know he has to make something from the deal but I could not do that no matter how much I wanted one, guess I will have to save up some cash.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
At the same show in the back I watched a gentleman buy a 6" stainless python for $2600. I think the python above was steep at $3450. I am cheap though.
From the guy in the back with 3 pythons and some DB and others? I was there Sunday and can't remember if he had the stainless then. I was just on a 3 letter prowl anyway unless I were to run across a steal. Brought all my cash back home and will wait for another day. It's all about the hunt!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have friend in Roanoke has a gun shop he carries mostly the top of the line Colts and Smiths, he is selling Pythons all over the place here in Virginia going to gun shows ect, his prices go anywhere from $2000-3000 depending on the condition, box ect, I was looking at one a couple of weeks ago at the gun show in Roanoke, I had a couple of guns to trade so to speak, a nice 686 2.5 and a real nice 4" model 19, trading those plus $1000 for a 4" Python ( price for the Python was $2195 ) and it was nice rubber grips and no box, now I know he has to make something from the deal but I could not do that no matter how much I wanted one, guess I will have to save up some cash.
I think I know the dealer you are referring to. He always has treated me very fairly in my dealings with him. His initials are R. C.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think I know the dealer you are referring to. He always has treated me very fairly in my dealings with him. His initials are R. C.
Yes you are correct and he has treated me fairly as well, I just couldn't justify the deal. If I have the cash now that is another story.

Reactions: saintclair

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Steep prices

Here is my 6" brite stainless, I've been wanting to let go for a while now. I watch GB VERY MUCH. Currently , I'm looking at Vinny 1946 #375131703 - fireworks are going to start soon ! It's at $3400 and I feel mine is very comparable. In some ways , his looks better than mine ...... others not. ( Funny how we have each others styrofoam.) His is listed at 99% plus, mine is not. I was told mine is a "solid" 98%. Jackson Armory has one rated at 95% plus - with a few tiny service marks here and there. Keystone has one also which is GORGEOUS, mirror-like .... But I think mine would look much , much better with a professional cleaning. ; )The gunshop owner who owns Python's rated it at 98 % - wants 20% commission to list on GB. I can't do that . So, any suggestions?With the "fake " polish , boxes and label threads , I have some questions. I purchased this Python in 1998 as shown. So, I don't believe any of that is relevant here ( plus, I have 2 flap labels). My box has the 150 logo - does this mean its definitely 1986 production ? If so would this be more desirable ? And , what about non- "150" medallions on this Python ?Thanks in advance - for your interests and insights , EdBlack

Attachments

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
ColtsDad --

From the Colt site (Colt Firearm Serial Number Lookup - Year of Manufacture), you have a 1987 B STS. You may have an old/end-of-run leftover 1986 box and the lack of 150th Anniv medallions were for 1986. Mfg date also confirmed via BBGV pocket guide.

1987 - I3061

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm the guy who bougt the 6" E-Nickel, not stainless, from the gut in the back. as a stainless gun I would not have given that much money for it.
Congrats on purchase! You are correct as I think about it now. It was e-nickel with box. I hope you don't mind me telling everyone what I saw!! Again congrats!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.