Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended the Richmond gun show today. Though I wasn't expecting anything exciting I still got some enjoyment out of it. There were a few nice Colts, but you would have thought they were made of gold by the tags hung on them. One dealer thought highly of his 4" blued Diamondback by pricing it at $895. I smiled and looked past it. He also had a very nice 2 1/2" blued Python. I have been carrying my 6" SS Python to every show in hopes of trading it for a 4" nickeled model with minor horse trading if the condition warrants it. This little Python was tempting, but with it wearing a set of Pachmayrs and a $895 price tag I had to pass on it.
Another table had a excellent condition OMM in .22lr for $695 and a very nice 6" blued Trooper MkIII in .22lr with a $650 price tag. He wasn't willing to deal and held firm on his prices, but he did give me a history of the OMM series which I smiled thru and thanked him as I left.
Seeing that I was not to do any trading, I searched the tables for moon clips for my Smith. That turned out to be the best enjoyment of the day as I asked one dealer if he had any moon clips for .45acp. He informed me that they were really not clips and the correct term was magazine. He then reached in his case and pulled out a Shooting Star mag. I chuckled as the thought cross my mind of throwing stars and how a moon clip somewhat resembles one so if you use it in a firearm it would be "shooting clip" (yes my mind is warped, but it's all I got to work with). I thanked him and continued the search just looking and keeping my mouth shut. I did manage to find some.
I did have a good day after all as I saw old friends and the holster dealer remembered me and had the holster I asked him about last time plus a belt that I wouldn't have to wrap around me twice to fit.
On a sour note, the fire chief ruled that gunpowder and primers were not allowed on the property, so the dealers who usually sold those items were taking orders and discounting the shipping prices. Many handloaders were quite upset and the dealers had nowhere near the crowds around their tables that they had been drawing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good Post & very interesting, sounds like your show had California Colt Prices. I hope this isn't a sign that the prices are going up everywhere to staggering levels.

------------------

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was there and I know the guy with the blued Python with Pachmayers. He is a really nice guy and I have dealt with him before, but some of his stuff is high!

No powder or primers on premises, just another way to kill gunshows.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Majic

And the scary thing is, these so called "experts" that don't know the difference between a "clip" as in magazine for an auto and a moon "clip" as for a revolver are selling guns and are supposed to be dealers of firearms. Makes you kinda wonder, don't it?

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts