Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
circa1918 Colt Model M1903, nice finish my camera does it no justice. Nice and tight new looking bore and all orig, right down to the grips

and icing on the cake an original holster

any know about this holster co.?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nice. Found where there was a Lloyd A. Snarr that owned a leather shop in Chattanooga, he was born about 1892 in Oklahoma. This is from the 1920 city directory.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
wow the model m is my favorite colt !!!! nice find, the vintage leather is icing on the cake

·
Premium Member
10,095 Posts
YOU Did GOOD! Great looking holster too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice. Found where there was a Lloyd A. Snarr that owned a leather shop in Chattanooga, he was born about 1892 in Oklahoma. This is from the 1920 city directory.
That is just awesome! Tried to google it but came up with nada

·
Registered
196 Posts
I only have wheel guns, but between MtnSpur with his 3 little gems and this nice looking piece, with leather no less, I may have to expand my horizons?!!!

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I only have wheel guns, but between MtnSpur with his 3 little gems and this nice looking piece, with leather no less, I may have to expand my horizons?!!!
I'm a bad influence :) FWIW at a show yesterday I picked up another M1908 Vest Pocket .25 (refinished but done very well and the price was right) with original mag and Colt holster and a M1903 .32 all original that was a lovely patina with shiney bores and strong lands and grooves on both. Functionally both are still tight and cycle reliably so I've bumped the count to 5 semi autos now. I'm a sick man ;) but in my defense I had sold a Mitchell Arms imported, Uberti made .45LC/.45 ACP last week that had last been shot 6 years ago so it all worked out. I will take some pictures once cleaned up but all in all, not a bad outing. I do believe therapy simply would be a waste of money and time that could be better directed towards...more of these gems? :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts