Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys----- I am heading to a gun show tomorrow in a quest for Colt Scout or Peacemaker in .22 caliber for a shooter. What a fair price for these types of Colts, again for a shooter to take the range with my level action .22 for fun? I know its an it's depends question, what condition of the firearm and so on.
My 37th Edition Blue Book show Frontier Scouts going $150.00 to $600.00 and Peacemaker .22 Scout $150.00 to $700.00.
I am looking for a 4.750" barrel Frontier or Peacemaker Scout, no need for a box. Would $300.00 to $450.00 be a fair price?

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
That should get you a scout ( aluminum alloy) or scout "62" (heavier zinc alloy frame). And yes, the 4 3/4 barrel was a common length. The peacemaker or adjustable front sight new frontier usually sells for more with its case colored steel frame.

Both models of scouts used a process of anodizing to color the alloy frames so often these will show scratches and wear which can be touched up with a permanent marker. Before you go to the gun show, check gun broker and see what people are bidding on and what price. I am guessing 80-90% of the used colts I see at shows are priced higher than what I can get on-line. Good luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
I saw three new Colt Scouts in a local gunshop today.In the display boxes for $699.99 each.They appeared to be some sort of special editions.One was gold anodized.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The "G" series (Peacemaker & New Frontier) case colored steel frame guns only used the 4 3/4" barrel for about half of their first year (1971) and they usually go for more than the later 4.4"barreled guns. The earlier aluminum framed Scouts stayed with the 4 3/4" barrels. The factory pinned the barrels on the later aluminum frame Scouts to prevent the barrel from loosening. I should think a decent Scout shooter could be had for $275-$350. Add maybe $125 for a "G"series gun.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No luck today---Saw one F Frontier Scout without dual cylinder, but it had a Colt Frontier Scout holster with it, he was asking $700.00. Pistol condition was ~50/60%, a lot of wear and scratches.
Also found two New Frontier G2261, both good condition, they're asking $800.00 for each of them.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
I think that is way to expensive. I have seen them cheaper. They are cheaper at my LGS

No luck today---Saw one F Frontier Scout without dual cylinder, but it had a Colt Frontier Scout holster with it, he was asking $700.00. Pistol condition was ~50/60%, a lot of wear and scratches.
Also found two New Frontier G2261, both good condition, they're asking $800.00 for each of them.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I haven't seen a decent condition Peacemaker 22 for under $750 or a New Frontier 22 for under $650 in awhile. I have seen them with the box and paper goodies a lot higher also. I think people are realizing what great little .22 single actions these neat little Colts are. The steel CC frame and nice polished blue make for a classy little revolver. Plus they all seem to shoot good.

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
There is a 6" NF 22 with both cylinders for $475 with no bids. I found some scouts for under $400 including some 1950's dual tones. This is on gun broker. If I only had 1 barrel length, I like the 6" best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts