Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some gun shows have been slowly taking place. I'm not sure if any of you folks have actually gone to them? What are your thoughts? As a fat old man with some preexisting conditions, I'm thinking it's too dangerous for me to take a chance...

If you went to shows, what were folks doing? Was everyone wearing a proper mask? Keeping distance? Wearing plastic gloves to handle the merch? In other words, what has been your experience, and do you think it's fairly safe to start going to shows again?

Thanks in advance to all who offer their insight.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I have been to two gun shows since things started opening up again. One was fairly small and only required masks and/or face shields. This was in July/August time frame. They limited the number of people inside by keeping track of how many entered and exited. Two people leave, two people can go in. They did allow "groups" to stay together and managed the "social distancing" in the waiting line.
The other was this past weekend and was much bigger, larger city, more tables, etc. Masks and/or face shields were required and "social distancing" in line was verbally encouraged but not strongly enforced. They also check your temperature as you entered. As far as I could tell, they weren't stopping people from entering but they did have a seperate exit door and were counting exits. The lady was opening the exit door for you and wiping it down. Other than the masks, there wasn't much difference (that I could see) between now and the pre-Covid shows.
At both shows, very few people wore gloves and handling items was just like before.

·
Registered
9,739 Posts
I haven't been to any even though they're starting up again. Reports from others that did attend are there are two-hours wait in line to even get in, prices are high, inventory is lacking unless you're looking for cheap knives, beef jerky or jewelry.

There is a traditionally excellent gun show in York, PA in a few weeks...hoping to make that. The friends I attend these shows with are still a bit antsy about it as we're all in the high-risk groups for COVID.

Reactions: Recusant and WVCOLT

·
Registered
58 Posts
They announced that the November Tulsa show is a go so I plan on attending. I set up at our local show a couple of weeks ago and almost no one was wearing masks. They did widen the aisles so the people weren't as crowded. I am in Florida and we have gone to phase 3.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Went to an ammo collectors' show recently. Probably as many dealers as there were buyers/lookers. Very few were wearing masks, even though they suggested it as you went in. Plenty of social distancing as many of the tables were unoccupied.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nothing at a Gun Show that I have to have. Will wait until after the election if I do go before the vaccine. May be selling some guns.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My wife's uncle has a table at the San Antonio gun show, and he let me know two shows ago they where selling small pistol magnum primers for $325 a 1,000. I figured I didn't need to support that kind of crazyness.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ive been to 4 in the last month. Masks required. Table rows are farther apart. Other than that no issues. I didnt see any crazy prices on stuff...it was like nothing has happened.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback. I really want to start going to some of the antique gun shows again. We just had York, and Gettysburg, and another Gettysburg coming up soon. I'm dying to go to a show, but don't want to die from a show...

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,915 Posts
I have set up at four shows since August. Have walked through two. The ones I walked through did have lines to enter. Temperature was tested and mask were required. Have not heard anything negative about Covid spread. Set up at a 200 table show and also a 60 table show. Mask were mandated. Some wore mask some did not. No negative impact from lack of mask. These are the best small shows you will ever find. Nothing but collectibles allowed. The other two shows where we set up, Louisville and Ohio Gun Collectors. These two are much larger. All protocols were followed. Tables were spaced. Mask were required and it was enforced. Social distancing was highly encouraged. Have not heard of any disease spread.

Reactions: crsides

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
... I'm dying to go to a show, but don't want to die from a show...
Ha! good line! Yeah, I'm probably going to miss the only big show I do a year, and also skip the local, small, stupid one too. I get frustrated enough at these beef jerky and tourquoise jewelry "gun shows", no need having some sick guy breathing on me.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well I am going to go this weekend maybe and sell some primers. My expectation is I will just walk towards the entrance with the boxes under my arms and someone will approach me to buy them so I will not even have to go in! :) Bought these thinking I was going to shoot 6mm PPC short range so I have a lot of FGM SR rifle primers I will never use still sealed in the 5k boxes.

Will not go in unless I have to but I will wager someone will approach me in the parking lot.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Have talked to several that are not going to the Tulsa show this time. The wife and I only get out when necessary, and the gun shows are not necessary. Not only the exposure in the show, but also motels, restaurants and such. If I miss something hope it goes to a good home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts