Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I have a snubby Colt King Cobra 357 revolver that needs some help and I wanted to figure out who was the best choice to send it to for repair. I don't trust the local smiths anymore.

The problem with it is that when you cock it, or try to double action fire it, you have to assist the cylinder to rotate, otherwise it just won't move. It is not that it is hard to rotate, it just needs a little help. Maybe a weak spring?

It does not do it with no shells in it, or if I insert fired casings. Only seems to do it when unfired cartridges are in it. Like the extra weight causes it. The cartridges do not seem to have primers that are sticking out.

Any advice would be apprecaited, either who to send it to, or how I might fix it myself. Thought about sending it back to Colt but I did not want it sitting up in Hartford for the next 6 months like I heard is common now.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,693 Posts
Colt is the first choice, and it isn't going to sit there for 6 months.
I don't know where that came from, but recent repairs people have sent in are usually back within a month.

Another option is:
Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters
1330 Center Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 766-6100

They do factory level work are fast and priced near factory prices.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news is that Colt will cover the repair under warranty /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Estimated repair time is a month - maybe I will get it back sooner. I guess it is better than six months /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
400 Posts
Very happy to hear it. Maybe Colt can start winning over new customers and lure some old ones back with that type of service. I for one would love to hear how the final results are for you. But I do have one question, are you the original owner of the KC?

Dave

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
are you the original owner of the KC?

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am not the original owner. I was up front with them and gave them a credit card to charge the repairs to and they covered it anyway. A very pleasant surprise /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts