Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been trying to list a few guns for sale tonight on GB but have been totally frustrated. It's been 3 hours now and I haven't even managed to get all my pictures listed for the first gun. They are really screwed up right now...

·
Registered
879 Posts
what's funny is that it says at 12:30 am to 6 am is when the maintenance will be done. Their site is really slow right now.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yeah the announcement says 12-6 but I believe the changes they are working on are affecting the site. I gave up for the day earlier this evening and am getting rested up for tomorrow!Trying to find some good forum learning in my down time.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
System administration is a crap shoot at times. Software upgrades are never "as advertised" by the software coding folks and when one burp hits the server it affects every other program in one fashion or another. Since GB is a 24/7 open for business site they can't go offline except during the lightest periods of use. At least they issued a warning and eventually all will be back to some semblance of normalcy. Been there, got the T-shirt, bumper sticker, ire of the users and survived.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
GB has been kind of flakey for me on and off for the last couple of days but it was terrible last night for sure. Very unresponsive and slow to respond to data requests.

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
I bought a gun last night, apparently minutes before things fell in a mud hole or something. Took hours before I could navigate to the closed auctions to see that I won. Never have gotten the email notification of winning. I sent email and voicemail to the seller who hasn't responded. I'm not sure he knew someone bid on it.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
As a seller I haven't been listing much because the traffic has got to be very low. I'll just ride out this site maintenance then it's back to business as usual. If you list something right now $1 NR, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
They need to make a (large) tin hat to put over their server to keep the new world order from messing with it...
That would eliminate all this down time....

rayb

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
It's the photo download that kills me. There data download size/speed is pathetic. They ask for 4 pics but you have to do 1 at a time after live.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've noticed that in the last few days,watching some ongoing auctions for Official Polices, that they've completely vanished. Even searching "All categories" doesn't bring the ones that were there back up. Does anybody know what's going on with that?

Thanks in advance.

Tecolote

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I've noticed that in the last few days,watching some ongoing auctions for Official Polices, that they've completely vanished. Even searching "All categories" doesn't bring the ones that were there back up. Does anybody know what's going on with that?

Thanks in advance.

Tecolote

Someone bought them maybe?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thanks in advance.

Tecolote
Could just be some horrible database management.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts