Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I think that is just a reflection and/or some carbon staining. Otherwise it looks normal to me.

·
Premium Member
9,519 Posts
As far as I know, when "custom" sights were being offered for the Python by the Colt Custom Shop, the sights offered were Elliason rear and patridge front. I have a nickel 8-inch Python I personally ordered new in 1981 from the Custom Shop with such sights, plus the "custom tune." I doubt very much that "Champion" rear sights were ever offered from the Colt Custom Shop, especially on a nickel Python, which was discontinued when the stainless Python was introduced in 1982-1983.

For what it is worth, no nickel Python was ever shipped in a plastic box. The last nickel Pythons were shipped in the woodgrain sleeve-Styrofoam insert style box, the style still in use in the 1982 era. While the referenced Python looks nice, I do not think it is in factory-original condition, and has been placed in an incorrect box. Such a box has some nominal value, but does not add to the collector value of this Python in my opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right Broknaxl. It's just the reflection. At first glance it looks like they had cut out around the barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts