Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy and happy holidays , I was on gunbroker last night searching thru the revolver forum , made my picks to favorites for the week as usual.
I then sent abour 5 pms asking questions on condition of the revolvers and then was told I exceded my pms for the day ??
I logged in this morning sent one pm and was tols again I exceded my pms for the day ???
they also asked if I want to become verified member ??
asking for bank & credit card info ??
is this a new rule ,
please post, rj

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Sounds like with as much activity as you have you should just become a Verified member and then you will be unlimited.

I believe Gunbroker adds rules and limitations all the time in the name of security and safety. Us who are grandfathered in are oblivious to these new rules but the new people just coming in feel the affects.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Gunbroker wants everyone to become verified and get with their program. Which is a good policy. Limiting the inquiries that non verified members can make helps eliminate the tire kickers from potential buyers who have went through the process of getting verified. Its gunbrokers way of saying are you in or out ? Your best bet is to get verified. Its very safe, simple and it puts you in the ballgame.

John

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Yeah, it's best.

Some folks grouse at GunBroker but I've had the best of luck with auction acquisitions of all types: firearms, parts, accessories, reloading components, ammo.

Just go into it with your eyes wide open, knowing something about what that which you are bidding on and you can depend on a good experience.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I personally think the whole "verified" thing is BS. The only real bad deal I ever got into on GB was from a "Verified Member". There was nothing ever "verified". Several addresses, no phone numbers, probably a Nigerian accent. They took him off the member list. Only cost me several hundred. I've got 225+ buys on GB and nobody has ever asked me to get "verified". What would anybody be verifying? Who's checking any information out? My rant is over. Thanks, Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.