Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a rumor Gunbroker was in talks with Ammo Inc to sell Gunbroker. Anyone hear the same or have more details?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am going to steer away from the politics of whether it will actually happen or not, but one of the items in Bidens campaign platform on guns was to eliminate online gun sales. So I am sure there is some consternation at GunBroker

Reactions: Ciri

·
Premium Member
9,613 Posts
I think the GunBroiker owners are cashing out to avoid the risk of adverse legislation that would stop the online sales of firearms. Selling the site for many tens of millions of dollars will make for a nice retirement. I watched the GunBroker presence at the SHOT Show grow year after year, indicating rapid growth - and value increase.

The site makes a LOT of money, making the site worth a LOT of money. The current surge in demand has boosted selling prices, which, in turn, generate higher final value fees, making the company worth even more. Ammo is willing to bet that the database is worth the price paid, and that legislation will not destroy the value. Ammo will sell the majority of its ammunition on the site, thus increasing profit for Ammo.

·
Banned
105 Posts
I am going to steer away from the politics of whether it will actually happen or not, but one of the items in Bidens campaign platform on guns was to eliminate online gun sales. So I am sure there is some consternation at GunBroker
Buy it with Tax payers money through a lobbyist and then destroy it. Well times will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts