Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to register to sell on Gunbroker.

It says I need to send in a copy of my drivers license and a utility bill.

Can I send it electronically or do I send it snail mail?

It took me 10 minutes to find a snail mail address and I still can't find an email.

Help!

Premium Member
I've been registered for a long time but I don't believe a drivers license was required. I believe to become a "verified" member there is a little more to do like provide a phone number that is your home number or the number linked to your utility bill, something to prove your address. I suppose a valid license will do that, but it want really quick however they verified me

Registered
Rick, I've been registed as a buyer and a seller for some time now. I don't recall needing either of those things. I did need to provide a current credit card.

Registered
I have an acoount with GunBroker as well as Gun Auction (Auction Arms) and don't recall any such requirments either.

Registered
With the advent of cell-phones, setting up phoney accounts is much easier. Address verification is now needed. I got ripped off 2 yrs ago by a GB "verified" member. It took me a yr of fighting GB to get my $400 guarantee. I guess GB is trying to CYA.

Premium Member
I guess reading is fundamental.

I thought I had to do both of these items but after reading it again it appears it is one of the two options.
Back when I registered, I just had to give them a credit card and they charged it one dollar which sat there for a couple years until I got up the nerve to sell something on there. I had seen my buddies doing it for a long time, but I still felt I had to read the ATF, USPS,and UPS regulations lol. Anyway what you posted is to become verified, you have to have the account first. I always wondered how to become verified (most aren't) and I guess I know now :).

Premium Member
Ha ! .. and you must be a fast reader to get through it that quickly BIg Gus.
I still think it just takes an active credit card to become registered and the above to become "verified". When I did it, I remember some warning that the phone number I provide needed to be tied to the residence, so someone wouldn't mistakenly use a business address and home phone or whatever. I don't know if its all necessary.. they " Verified " me, which shows they'll let anybody into that Golf club ! :)

Registered
Rick, Are you registering as a Business?? Did you get an FFL? That might be different then just being an occasional buyer or seller.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts