Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A follow up on the previous antique watch thread:

In the 1920's the equipment issued to individual Texas Rangers included:

" Watch; Elgin; B. W: Raymond; 16 Size number, 2XXXXXXX.
Pistol; Colt 45 Single action _ _ _ _ _ _ number, 3XXXXX.
Rifle - ; 30 Government _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ number; 4XXXXX . "

Above was extracted from a handwritten document, as close as I can determine from it.

Evidently watches were of some importance to the Rangers if they were issued along
with the weapons, by serial number.

rayb

·
The Consummate Collector
7,513 Posts
Bought at a estate auction, Texas, about 40+ years ago. Honestly, i thought the big old watch was neat. Did'nt have a clue who FH was. Still runs, keeps time. Forgot i had it. Thanks to this "Ranger WATCHES" post i found it.
Did you ever think about what might have caused the round bullet size dent in the watch?

Should you ever decide to part with it please keep me in mind.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Did you ever think about what might have caused the round bullet size dent in the watch?

Should you ever decide to part with it please keep me in mind.
Wood Gas Font Auto part Jewellery

About the size of dbl 00 buck pellet aint it? Hammer was shot 17 times. A lot of options for what might have caused that hole .

"In 1908, he resigned from the Rangers to become the City Marshal of Navasota, Texas, a lawless boom-town wracked by violence; "shootouts on the main street were so frequent that in two years at least a hundred men died."[6] Hamer moved in at age 24 and enforced law and order until he left in 1911."

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
A premium gun needs a premium pocket watch...

A Colt pocket watch needs a Colt gun...

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Forgive me for straying slightly from the theme (not a pocket watch) but still 2 older than dirt family pieces that belonged to my grandfather - his 1908 Colt pistol from 1913 that he carried in the Great War and his "new style" (wrist watch) silver time piece given to him by his fraternity brothers when he left the University of Illinois to join up in 1918.
Kim
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Material property Font Watch Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
214 Posts
Forgive me for straying slightly from the theme (not a pocket watch) but still 2 older than dirt family pieces that belonged to my grandfather - his 1908 Colt pistol from 1913 that he carried in the Great War and his "new style" (wrist watch) silver time piece given to him by his fraternity brothers when he left the University of Illinois to join up in 1918.
Kim
View attachment 755037 View attachment 755038
Now, That's Neat!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Kim
Now, That's Neat!
good show ! the vintage watch collectors (watch forum) like desinated old watches. but, they are afrade of guns.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Kim
No apology needed. Those are a couple of very cool items

1 - 18 of 18 Posts