Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of SAA Colts today but high dollars for them. I did see a NRA Centennial the guy would sell for $1500. What say you?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Buy it. Great gun to have and shoot.

Reactions: lounick and Cozmo

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7.5 inch 45 Colt nib and the guy said he bought it when they came out.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
The NRA Centennials are all over the board in pricing. I guess if it is NIB, that $1500 is a good price. If you like it buy and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
You can't beat that, it's a 2nd gen with removable cyl pin bushing. You'll have money left over to cut the barrel if you wish or at least get it standard roll marked and reblued, if that even matters to you.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
About a year or so ago, I found an NRA Commemorative SAA revolver that was in .45 Colt and a 7 1/2" Barrel in the wood case for $1500. It was unfired and looked nice.

I don't care for the Gold filled lettering, so I removed the filler. It looked so nice, I put on a set of Ivory stocks I had.

IMG_1395.JPG

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'd buy it too. Then like Abwehr did remove all the gold lettering. NRA is like the John Deere brand>$$$$$! Go for it! pics & range report? soon? good shootin!

·
Banned
318 Posts
1971 NRA SAA .357(2).JPG

1971 NRA Centennial (came with wood box and 2 papers) .357 Caliber 5 1/2" barrel, seemed unfired outside of factory. Great 2nd Gen SAA. Mine did not have gold inlay, just the barrel markings. I can't honestly recall what I gave for it. Understand that the Commemoratives do not follow market trends, they pretty much inch up over the years if well preserved, but not by much. Good shooters if you so desire but investment wise, you won't see em increase much in value.

J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts