Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took a trip across the stateline Sat for the Memphis gun show. Here's what I saw. Tons of ARs, all brands, good prices, even a few Colt 308s, and other 308s brand rifles. Ammo is good supply, just about all calibres, prices ok. I saw a nice blue Python 2.5 inch barrel for 3500 dollars. Also some other nice Colt pistols, most seemed a little high to me. What really surprised me was the price on high cap mags. Down to less then before the panic. What I thought was funny were the multiple price stickers on the mags from low to high back down low. LOL. Things are looking up
Mjc

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Did you happen to see this man walking around?

He came in carrying a revolver in a padded gun sock. Left with a revovler in a leather holster. If you did, it was I.

Bob Wright

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Do you guys see any prewar colt single actions at the Memphis show now a days?

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
That would be Pre World War II.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob, I was there late in the afternoon but I dont remember seeing you. I generally notice people in cowboy hats. Mjc

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That would be Pre World War II

Coltsixguns

Yes, there was one or two dealers with some first gen SAAs. My knowledge of these pistols is limited so I can't give you much info. On the ones I saw, they had little finish, mostly 5 1/2 barrels, 38/40, 45lc and one 44/40. I think all had hard rubber grips, well worn but looked orginal to the pistols.

Mjc

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
That would be Pre World War II

Coltsixguns

Yes, there was one or two dealers with some first gen SAAs. My knowledge of these pistols is limited so I can't give you much info. On the ones I saw, they had little finish, mostly 5 1/2 barrels, 38/40, 45lc and one 44/40. I think all had hard rubber grips, well worn but looked orginal to the pistols.

Mjc
Memphis is about a 4 hour drive for me and I haven't been to a gun show there since the mid 80's and I was wondering if collectible single actions were as scarce there as they are at my Arkansas local shows. I would think with the civil war activity in the area that it would be good for collectibles in the percussion area of collecting.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
It was one such display where I saw several Colt SAAs, mostly with the black hard rubber grips, but there was one in the case with what appeared to be ivory, and one with the fleur de lis walnut grips. As I said elewhere, those were the first of such grips I've actually seen in the flesh, or in the wood.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coltsixguns

This dealer sets up 3-4 times per year in Memphis and Southaven. He always has old Colts but they always have big prices on them.

Bob, I do remember seeing some old ivory on one 1st gen SAA.

Mjc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts