Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a garage sale and found a H H Heiser holster marked 410 , for $7 . It is a double loop, black I think for a 4 3/4 ( my 5 1/2 is too long ) barrel . I want to perserve and clean it up a little . Any suggestions if and what I should do .

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
You may be surprised to find that instead of an SAA, these were also built for Police Positives and S&W K frames, as well - that model number was marked on all of them.

I use 'Lexol' and have used Saddle Soap, but there's a leather dressing made by 'Blackrock' that seems to be effective, so I'll be giving it a try.

An interesting thing I've noticed with real-deal Old West leather is that there were two sizes - 5 1/2" and 7 1/2" - not three, like there are today in the C&WAS world.

The 5 1/2" handles the shorter barrel nicely and is a mere 3/4" longer, so it was never an issue.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dogface,,,,,, I will give my Police Positive a go in the holster . I am going to try the Saddle Soap a try . Was $7 a good buy ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just tried my Police Positive Special in it and it fits like a glove . It makes since the garage sale was from a retired Elderly Law Enfrocement Officer .

Also tried my Scout 62 and it fit .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts