Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a lifelong Texan with a lifetime interest in firearms and shooting sports. Love the older "classic" firearms. Apparently it's ok to like S&W's on this forum as so many seem to do so. I've always thought of myself as a fan of collectible S&W's with a few Colt's thrown in. I've recently realized that these Colt's have sorta snuck up on me.

Currently have the following Colt models in the arsenal:

SAA .38-40 4 5/8" (1905), U.S. Model 1901 .38, Model 1905 .45, New Service Model 1909 .45, Model 1908 .25, Police Positive Special .38 Special 4"(1914), New Service Model 1917 .45, U.S. Model 1911 (1918), Woodsman 6" (1928) Banker's Special .38 (1931), Commando .38 (1943), "Lord" model .22 short, Series 70 Gold Cup .45, and AR 15 SP1 .223.

I have some sentimental favorites among the guns listed but I suppose my favorite Colt model is the New Service.

It'll be fun to read up on these and the other Colt models.

Best wishes to all,
Bryan McGilvray

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello and welcome, Bryan!

I, like you, tend(ed) to concentrate on S & W's, to the point of selling or trading all my Colts. Well, all of a sudden it hit me...You can collect both! So now I'm getting back into Colts, and I find this forum to be a friendly and knowledgeable resource. Fun, Too!
Don

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other firearms in which I'm interested include: Winchesters, U.S. military, British military, and just about anything made before, or at least designed before 1940. My usin' guns are all of pre-1940 design and I find them to be very dependable and gratifying to use. I have an aversion to stainless steel, aluminum alloy (unless on a collectible piece), or especially plastic. I enjoy the care and feeding of the oldies. I like taking 'em out for exercise too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts