Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably wasting everyones time here, but here goes nuttin'.
This may sound strange, and I don't know if it's against any rules or anything, but what if we did a Revolver a month club ?
Now hear me out here.
If we had say 100-110 members, all willing to pitch in say $10 each month. We would have $1000-$1100 each month to purchase one Colt Revolver.

We would need to have a majority vote on the gun for the month.

That gun every month would go to one of the 100 members in the club. You could not win more than 1 gun a year, but you would still be liable for your Years dues of $120.
So, you would have a 12 in 100 chance to win a collectable Colt each year.
If a gun is purchased for $750 and shipping was $30, that winner would also earn $220 cash back as well.
Now, maybe for Christmas, we could make it a $20 month.
That would be the final kicker for the year and we would spend up to $2000. Maybe we would have to allow all the previous winners in on that one too. I dunno yet. More rules would have to be put in place.
Does anyone think this would be a cool idea, or just a GUN-KWAZY idea ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
well not a bad idea,you would have to work out the details. another idea might be a forum raffel a month, let a member put up a gun and sell a certian # of tickets at a set price say 10$, leave a little extra for the forum as they pay the light bill. let the forum admin handle the draw and determine the # of tickets to be sold and you can buy one if you want, which would eliminate the monthly thing. kinda like a colt lottery.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Great ideas! We all waste that amount in a few minutes every week. Now if we could only get that many members here and then get that many people to decide on just one handgun a month.
I think taking the House's Cut and kicking it back to the forum to help pay the bills is a good idea too.

·
Premium Member
9,695 Posts
Raffels are gambling, and probably illegal in most states unless for qualified charitable purposes, and even then a license is probably required. (It is in my state.) This problem could probably be overcome with the right structure geared towards a qualified 501(c)(3) orgainzation as the beneficiary. This would be the first hurdle to overcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts