Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to relieve the underside of the Elephant Ivory grips on my Commander Gold Cup for an ambi safety. A bit nerve wracking, but the job came out perfect!

Time for a Laphroiag, neat!

Tim

·
Premium Member
9,740 Posts
You could have avoided that if you had used an ambidextrous safety that is retained by the sear pin. Brownell's sells ambidextrous safety kits that attach with the sear pin. Besides the fact that no stock panel modification is needed, an added benefit of a kit that attaches with the sear pin is that there is no wear on the frame, unlike those styles that use a tab under the right stock panel.

The ambidextrous safety kits Colt sold in the 1970s and 1980s used the sear pin attachment method. I have genuine Colt safety kits on several of my "shooter" Colts. I put a stainless sear pin style ambidextrous safety on my AMT Longslide, one of my favorite Model O-style pistols to shoot.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Good information Judge, though akin to closing the barn door after the horse escaped ;) .

Good job Mr. Anges, it's always rewarding to have a delicate task come out to one's satisfaction. Two lessons learned :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts