Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it actually fires the .308 Winchester cartridge. The photo shows the bolt open and that may be what's throwing you off. It has a 14 inch SSK ported barrel. Actually, it isn't all that bad to shoot. I load 130 grain Nosler BT's for it.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Oh my goodness. Puts me in mind of my years shooting Thompson Center Contenders of all calibers. At the same time I owned about 8 Remington XP-100's in various forms/calibers. My favorite of those was a .7MM-08 (Obviously a .308 necked down to .7MM).

That puppy, with 4X scope, shot like nobody's business. And due to the weight of the handgun, with custom, heavy wood stocks, the recoil was very easy to handle. But a half Colt lilke this? Oh my goodness! :cool:

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I used to shoot 200 meter silhouette up in Illinois and used a Thompson Contender with a 10 inch 30-30 barrel, it was brutal to say the least. There were others using 7mm bolt action pistols as well as the 221 Fireball. All were true hand cannons and it was fun but I would not be plinking at the range with that 30-30 TC anymore I just take my 94 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.