Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi to everybody, I am from Turin, Italy, I am fifty and recently I discovered that for all those years I've been wanting to own a Colt Python without knowing it....
Till now.
Last week I found a 1984 4" blued Python that suits to me, and probably I will buy her next week. As soon as I buy her, I will publish some photos and details.

In Italy it is difficult to own a gun, for not to say to being able to carry it. It took me 7 months and lots of money and certificates to obtain my Licence to simply own a gun. It is almost impossible to have the Licence to carry one, unless you are a jeweler or similar, or a private guard. Also, declaring to love, appreciate or use guns it is not so socially accepted here, you know unfortunately we do not have a Second Emendment in our History....

Thank you for all the valuable information I am finding in this Forum and to anyone of you that will be wanting to exchange opinions and stories on this thread!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hello from ILLINOIS, you will be socially accepted and appreciated for your love of guns, especially Colts here. I hope after all the time and $$$ you had to spend to get a license that they allow you to own more than one because those Pythons are extremely addictive and it sounds like you are on your way to joining us in our addiction. ;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
So I know it is really hard to get a gun in Italy, but I also understand the prices are really good like 1/2 what they go for here.Is that true?
By the way Welcome to the forum and Salve!

no! hello and goodbye is about all the Italian I know :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank tou tjmolil for the warm welcome, and yes with my licence I can own till three handguns that are classified "for defence" (roughly the ones from 2 to 4 inch barrel) and up to six guns that are classified "for sport" (the one with a barrel more than 4"). I even do not already own one Python yet, but I can already feel addiction creeping...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gatewayad, I appreciate your efforts in Italian! Here in Italy prices go from 900 euro to 1500, and 2000-2500 euro for a NIB one. What about it in US?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If you are talking 2000 - 2500 Euro for 4" blue NIB prices aren't much different that is about 2500 - 3100 USD about 20% less there than here. Can you get www.gunbroker.com there to see US auction prices? On a side note you might ask moderator to turn your thumbs down to a thumbs up!! Here thumbs down is bad, thumbs up is good, and getting your first Python is a REALLY GOOD THING!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
[wQUOTE=tjmolil;651595]If you are talking 2000 - 2500 Euro for 4" blue NIB prices aren't much different that is about 2500 - 3100 USD about 20% less there than here. Can you get www.gunbroker.com there to see US auction prices? On a side note you might ask moderator to turn your thumbs down to a thumbs up!! Here thumbs down is bad, thumbs up is good, and getting your first Python is a REALLY GOOD THING!!!!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Ok, I am really new here, so I even didn't realized to have this "thumbs down" thing on me since you told me....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ciao! Come stai Alfazero? I'm first generation Italian American living in Pittsburgh. I was just in Italy in August visiting family. You can't go wrong with a Colt!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Welcome Alfazero, and I hope you continue to enjoy your time here, it's a wonderful place to spend time in each day. By the way, your paperwork challenges sound similar to any New Yorker. It sounds as if former NYC Mayor Bloomberg has a position in your Cabinet.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
....Also, declaring to love, appreciate or use guns it is not so socially accepted here, you know unfortunately we do not have a Second Emendment in our History....
Welcome to the Colt Forum, Alfazero. It's always nice to have another overseas member join us. There are certain places here in the USA where guns are "not so socially acceptable." Places like New York City and most of the other large cities, too. It's good to know you are persistent in your quest for a Colt, the real thing. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Greetings my friend, from the great gun friendly state of Virginia. I wish you well in quest to purchase some Colts.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Alfazero, Buon Giorno from Connecticut! Welcome to forum and we look forward to hearing and of course seeing your new
Python.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ciao!

Hi to everybody, I am from Turin, Italy, I am fifty and recently I discovered that for all those years I've been wanting to own a Colt Python without knowing it....

I just received my Italian Citizenship this year (my wife is from Bra, near Turin). Interesting information as well spoke with her relatives over the weekend to inquire about firearms ownership. We plan to move there when I retire in a few years and I want to bring my collection of shotguns and pistols (including this beautiful Colt Python Hunter I just bought!)

We travel to Italy often and I am interested in the process to get permission to own your Colt. Good luck with the purchase!

·
Registered
7 Posts
good memory

Several years ago while visiting Rome I met an Italian lawyer who loved guns.
Our meeting was pure accident. Though he gave me a name and e-mail address
I have not been able to re-establish contact.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts