Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a thread discussing a 1930 Officer’s Model .22, some three digit representatives were the topic. I displayed my latest, serial number 508, also made in 1930. Forum member, big_gus, noted the difference in my hammer. It seems to be a wide, target-type hammer. (See photos below)

I always assumed these earlier manufactured pieces had them, since like checkering is found on the hammer, trigger and rear frame back strap. But in looking at the other photos, the hammers are standard-issue. I question whether an archive letter will address this specific issue, even though I have ordered one. Does anyone know if this was a factory installation or after market?

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Colt wide spur hammer was not available until 1951 in the era of the Officers Model Special. :cool:
Ah ha! As ALWAYS A1A, you came through again. Now I wonder if it was done at the factory or by someone else. It really is a positive feeling hammer when cocking the piece. Many thanks!

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Could be either. I just put one in a 1950 OMS 22 with no fitting and it didn't change the great feeling action at all, except maybe to make it better. :)

The ad image was courtesy of member Onomea.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like yours, it fits and functions flawlessly. And now the value has gone up by $4.75 too. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Colt-SL,I can't help with the answer to your question but D%^& that's a good looking OM.Just one more to add to the wish list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts