Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I so wish you could have the older style checkering from the early guns on the later models

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ciri and Maxcustody

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been re-cutting hammer spurs I didn't like or were poorly done from the factory like below. I just cut the poorly done checking off the now smooth one. Gives me the opportunity to try different patterns and different lpi that might appeal to me. Simple task, just takes some patience to do right.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've been re-cutting hammer spurs I didn't like or were poorly done from the factory like below. I just cut the poorly done checking off the now smooth one. Gives me the opportunity to try different patterns and different lpi that might appeal to me. Simple task, just takes some patience to do right.

View attachment 728680
Excellent work my friend
That takes real skill
I agree some look quite bad and it would be something if i could do it
Would want to address
Thank u so much for sharing it with us
God Bless,John
Stay and warm out there

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: sublimert70

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
Excellent work. I am good only at removing the checkering. Of all checkered hammers, I prefer the curvature and checkering of the Python the most. The best single-action cocker I have owned.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have been thinking of smoothing out checkering on a hammer somewhat as shoot one handed CAS and thinking less pronounced checkering will help to roll thumb off hammer easier and keep on target better. Only problem is shoot usfa's and not sure want to do that to one of those.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doc that hurts me just reading that you are thinking about doing it. Buy a Uberti and try your idea first :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts