Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite handgun case when you transport back and forth to the range. Looking for a two gun case with a secure method of immobilization (don't want to scratch anything) and room for a few mags. How about some pics (inside and out) and maybe a link where you bought it. Or at least a brand/model name.
Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
I use the SKB iSeries 1813 hard case for trips to the range with combination of revolvers and semi auto pistols. I do have a 1500 Series Pelican for trips with only my 1911s...

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I Never use a gun case when going to the pistol range.The only gun I am going to shoot is the one loaded and concealed on my person. Living where I do perps know and look for guys carrying gun cases and a good many do not have one on thier person loaded just in case especially if they are comming from NY City where thier license is specifically "not for carry". The powers that be have made law buiding citizens targets for opportunistic criminals,and for those with carry licenses have made it more likely that we will have to use deadly force if they pick the wrong person to rob carrying a gun case with a loaded gun on thier person. It is sad but I advise my students to not carry firearms in a device that is easily identifiable as a gun case for this very reason.Be very happy you are NOT in NY State

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I have a case similar to Vin 63, also made by SKB but I leave my guns in a pistol rug. The case is big enough for 3 handguns in their pistol rugs. My ammo I transport is kept in separate locked container.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys, thanks for the responses and the tips. To tell you the truth, I hadn't even thought of hard type case. I can see where they would provide the best protection. My daughter wanted some ideas for a Christmas gift, so I sent her a list of three, I'll let her make the final decision.
Thanks a bunch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.