Colt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rcwambold:
Or, 3. make the .38 a trophy and trade the .357, along with it's metal slivers and weak spring for a proper Smith & Wesson!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's quite a rant and no mistake but as for the question above, NOOOOOO!!!

Now, you know that OP shouldn't work that way regardless of the trip to a 'smith. In fact it should never have left the shop in that state if your son had to pay for anything. I looked on the Colt website and ol' Harry's shop isn't listed as a dealer. You'd think if they're a Coltsmith they'd be a dealer too. The site doesn't say anything about any authorized service shops other than Colt. What I'm getting at is that who knows when that shop got it's "certification" and whether the people who had the knowledge of Colt revolvers are still there or not?

The .357 is over 40 years old and who knows how many rounds have been down that tube before you got it. I personally would expect such a gun to have some problems, but then I own 1911's

I can see that it would be frustrating to have two guns down at the same time but IMO it's a little early to throw in the towel. Unfortunately getting an older Colt action revolver serviced is problematical. I've heard that Colt will work on them but YOU must supply them the parts.

But we're not interested in Colt revolvers because it's easy, are we?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.