Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 32-20 3rd gen nickel with a 4" barre (not 4 3/4")l, nib. Finally got my 32-20, very excited about the barrel length, not so much about the finish. It will see lots of shooting and holster use! Hopefully the weather will hold and I will get it this week and get some of my own pics. Here are a couple teasers!

View attachment 48882 View attachment 48883

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nice buddy. I love shorter barreled guns like that. I just got a SAA in a trade with a 4" barrel and love it. I also have 2 Ruger Vaquero 357 sheriff's models with 3 1/2" barrels.
Love shooting the 32-20 too. Enjoy!

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
You bought from one of the nicest and most reputable carriers of Colt firearms from the Custom Shop I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Her husband saw the market for the shorter barrel lengths back in the mid 90's and placed orders for 3 1/2" and 4" barrel lengths in varying calibers, finishes, stocks and engraving from the CS. The family has, thankfully, continued that tradition. Congratulations on a fine firearm.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, she is indeed a pleasure to deal with. I feel the price is fair for the pistol and she worked with me on it as well. I am going to have a look at the engraved ones next week. Thank you for making me feel even better about the transaction.
You bought from one of the nicest and most reputable carriers of Colt firearms from the Custom Shop I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Her husband saw the market for the shorter barrel lengths back in the mid 90's and placed orders for 3 1/2" and 4" barrel lengths in varying calibers, finishes, stocks and engraving from the CS. The family has, thankfully, continued that tradition. Congratulations on a fine firearm.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I guess now that you have your 32-20, you don't want this old S&W Hand Ejector that I was going to send you:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You lucky SOB. Where did you find that? Congrats! I hope that gun gives you a lifetime of enjoyment. Empty a cylinder full for me.
Kc from Carol Wilkerson.
I'm beginning to believe everyday is a happy day for you!
Most are sir, I am blessed with a great central family and friends.

Gorgeous!
TY!

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love the way nickel looks but I am not a fan of taking care of it, it is always worrisome to me.

very excited about the barrel length, not so much about the finish.

Don't you like the finish? I think it's superb, looks flawless.

I really like the shorties, your pair look stunning sir
I like Rob. I have a pair, but in standard barrel length. That 4" is nice. Great buy

Thanks Colt-SL. Looks like it will be next week, the weather has put a bit of a damper on things here in Missouri.

Congrats Rob, can't wait to see your pics.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nice. I didn't even know they made a 4 inch. Great find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.