Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this soft-cover magazine-like book up the other day at the book store. I was impressed by how many Colt's were represented.

I was also struck by #90, a Colt Mustang .380 ACP but pictured is Colt's Automatic Caliber .25 ACP in its place.

Even more dramatic is that while the Trooper .22 and Diamondback .22 are listed as numbers 88 & 89, conspicuously absent is the Python!

Overall though, interesting reading with some good and perhaps not so good choices.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The PYTHON's real and true reputation disqualifies it from any list of " best " anything. IMNHO.
Wil, you have my full and complete attention sir. Do you feel the Trooper and Diamondback should be disqualified as well or are they more deserving to be on the list? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Wil, you have my full and complete attention sir. Do you feel the Trooper and Diamondback should be disqualified as well or are they more deserving to be on the list? Thanks!
ABSOLUTELY NOT, SIR !! The Troopers I had were outstanding sixguns as was the single Diamondback that passed through my hands . ALL I ever wanted was one [ 1 ! ] Python in my life that was a shootin' sumbiscuit. ALL three were dogs....and maybe it was nothing more that luck-of-the-draw. On the other hand when pistol metallic sillywets started everyone and his brother brought their Python to the matches, and everyone and his brother took a drubbing from the other 357MAG sixguns there at the same matches, at the same distances. It still amazes me to see the rep of Pythons to this day, Tony.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ABSOLUTELY NOT, SIR !! The Troopers I had were outstanding sixguns as was the single Diamondback that passed through my hands . ALL I ever wanted was one [ 1 ! ] Python in my life that was a shootin' sumbiscuit. ALL three were dogs....and maybe it was nothing more that luck-of-the-draw. On the other hand when pistol metallic sillywets started everyone and his brother brought their Python to the matches, and everyone and his brother took a drubbing from the other 357MAG sixguns there at the same matches, at the same distances. It still amazes me to see the rep of Pythons to this day, Tony.
"Sumbiscuit", I love that!! You know, life, to any individual still breathing, is a sum of 'their' experience. I hear and appreciate you Wil, and understand your qualified viewpoint.

I'm guessing that over the years I've owned about 15-18 Pythons but only shot, maybe 5-8 of them. To be honest, I didn't have a bad one in the bunch. If I did, I'd be reciting your exact words.

I really have to share your viewpoint on the Troopers and Diamondbacks that I've owned too; all great shooting and handling guns. Thank you for your gracious input my friend!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts