Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe they made these guns but have never seen one. Anyone here have a link or picture of one?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
What makes you believe they were made? The Trooper model was made in 22 LR and 22 Magnum, likely with the rationale that 22 is a target and varmint caliber and the Trooper at least had adjustable sights. :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,517 Posts
Such a gun was never cataloged, and none of the parts needed to make such a gun are in the parts catalogs. What makes you think such a gun was made?

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
As a prototype maybe? There were a handful of .22 Detective Specials made, and a couple 2" .22 Cobras, but never as production items....I've never seen a 2" MKIII or MKV in any caliber, let alone in .22......although in the big Greg Martin auction, there were a lot of "one off" MKIII's in the auction (I bought a shrouded 3" round butt Lawman)....but none as you describe. I've been in the model room many times and never seen one as you describe. It would be an intruiging item of course.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
As a prototype maybe? There were a handful of .22 Detective Specials made, and a couple 2" .22 Cobras, but never as production items....I've never seen a 2" MKIII or MKV in any caliber, let alone in .22......although in the big Greg Martin auction, there were a lot of "one off" MKIII's in the auction (I bought a shrouded 3" round butt Lawman)....but none as you describe. I've been in the model room many times and never seen one as you describe. It would be an intruiging item of course.
Do you mean 2" Trooper MkIII or MkV as there were, of course 2" Lawman 357s in both lines. :)

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Yes, of course you are correct.....that will teach me to type while taking on the phone while working....doing everything but thinking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts