Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
As California goes, so goes the nation. If you don't think it can happen in your state think again. Who would have believed that Colorado would fall victim to a magazine ban. Earlier this year Missouri democrats proposed an assault weapon ban that would have required all assault weapons to be turned in within 90 days. Of course it never made it very far, but the mere fact that it was a proposed bill should scare the crap out of all of you that live in a free state. This is how it starts, the unthinkable is proposed and dismissed as ridiculous, then it is debated, then considered, then voted on, then it becomes law. Think I'm wrong compare your gun laws in your state today to the Gun laws of California before 1989. You won't find much difference. I am willing to bet that in 30 years your states gun laws will resemble California's. there is no safe place to hide so fight like hell when you see these laws come down the road. If you're not an NRA member become one, I don't care what whiny butt reason you have for not liking them, the NRA is the only thing preventing your state from becoming the next California. Donate some of your ammo and gun money to your states gun rights organization. And if you live in California stay and fight if you can. Stepping off my soap box now

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Sorry Mike, the nation does not go the way of Ca, some states do but not the entire country. The residents of Ca are squarely responsible for this, it falls on their shoulders. i will not join the NRA again, EVER. I had a lifetime membership and withdrew a long time ago. I could say the same thing about every decent person living in Ca, I don't care what whiny butt reason you try to throw up to justify staying there pack up and move, immediately.

As California goes, so goes the nation. If you don't think it can happen in your state think again. Who would have believed that Colorado would fall victim to a magazine ban. Earlier this year Missouri democrats proposed an assault weapon ban that would have required all assault weapons to be turned in within 90 days. Of course it never made it very far, but the mere fact that it was a proposed bill should scare the crap out of all of you that live in a free state. This is how it starts, the unthinkable is proposed and dismissed as ridiculous, then it is debated, then considered, then voted on, then it becomes law. Think I'm wrong compare your gun laws in your state today to the Gun laws of California before 1989. You won't find much difference. I am willing to bet that in 30 years your states gun laws will resemble California's. there is no safe place to hide so fight like hell when you see these laws come down the road. If you're not an NRA member become one, I don't care what whiny butt reason you have for not liking them, the NRA is the only thing preventing your state from becoming the next California. Donate some of your ammo and gun money to your states gun rights organization. And if you live in California stay and fight if you can. Stepping off my soap box now

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sorry Mike, the nation does not go the way of Ca, some states do but not the entire country. The residents of Ca are squarely responsible for this, it falls on their shoulders. i will not join the NRA again, EVER. I had a lifetime membership and withdrew a long time ago. I could say the same thing about every decent person living in Ca, I don't care what whiny butt reason you try to throw up to justify staying there pack up and move, immediately.
Rob In 1989 California passed the first assault weapons ban, in 1994 the Federal Assault weapon and magazine ban was passed, closely modeled after California's laws. My point is that even though California leads the way in restrictive and confiscatory gun laws a lot of other states, and even the country have followed suit. As far as the NRA goes, if not them then some other gun rights organization needs your support. And yeah I do need to move, I am fighting a losing battle, but since my job and entire family is here I am going to stay for a while. When one of those are no longer in California I will be gone. And yeah I am a little whiny about being here, I don't like it much and I'm a little jealous. But the purpose of my message was to remind you all not to get complacent because it can happen where you live, it has in the past. No offense taken, no offense intended in my reply.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob In 1989 California passed the first assault weapons ban, in 1994 the Federal Assault weapon and magazine ban was passed, closely modeled after California's laws. My point is that even though California leads the way in restrictive and confiscatory gun laws a lot of other states, and even the country have followed suit. As far as the NRA goes, if not them then some other gun rights organization needs your support. And yeah I do need to move, I am fighting a losing battle, but since my job and entire family is here I am going to stay for a while. When one of those are no longer in California I will be gone. And yeah I am a little whiny about being here, I don't like it much and I'm a little jealous. But the purpose of my message was to remind you all not to get complacent because it can happen where you live, it has in the past. No offense taken, no offense intended in my reply.
Not to mention the outrageous taxes for retirees!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up from CA. The government has been "testing the waters" for years, and have never been held criminally. Katrina saw warrantless confiscation and destruction of firearms owned by law-abiding citizens. Waco saw the murder of women and children by FBI & ATF.

Think of Obamacare. The IRS adds 50,000 new LE agents to monitor everyone (read working-stiffs) to pay their fair share. Could this become a qualifier to owning a firearm?

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Actually I think Bush the First signed the first executive order in 89 that stopped the importations of certain "assault weapons" into the USA. Prior to that NY, Chicago, and assorted other areas had more restrictive gun laws than CA. I remember in Mo when there was a waiting period for getting a pistol permit, now it's instant purchase. While it is true many things start in CA, the other states do not necessarily fall in line with them. In many cases they go the opposite way, as we did here in my state. No offense taken or implied here either.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
We all need to be vigilent.King Cuomo did a middle of the night run to put the SAFE Act into law.Now the vast majority of distributors won't sell to NY . Being it is challenged in the courts the King keeps on getting the challenges "stayed" by pulling in political favors.We all need to stick together.Join the NRA because 60 million members ='s one hell of a voting block,join your state and local associations also.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Any so called "gun right organization" that actually helps write anti gun laws will not get another penny from me. This is the same organization that refused to back the Heller Case, and at least to my knowledge has yet to challenge the gca of '68 or any other number of unconstitutional laws. Further they seem more content with spending money like water on unnecessary junk mail rather than put it where it can be productive. Sorry, not my dime, I wont support them
We all need to be vigilent.King Cuomo did a middle of the night run to put the SAFE Act into law.Now the vast majority of distributors won't sell to NY . Being it is challenged in the courts the King keeps on getting the challenges "stayed" by pulling in political favors.We all need to stick together.Join the NRA because 60 million members ='s one hell of a voting block,join your state and local associations also.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Any so called "gun right organization" that actually helps write anti gun laws will not get another penny from me. This is the same organization that refused to back the Heller Case, and at least to my knowledge has yet to challenge the gca of '68 or any other number of unconstitutional laws. Further they seem more content with spending money like water on unnecessary junk mail rather than put it where it can be productive. Sorry, not my dime, I wont support them
Are you a member of GOA then? They are about the only "no compromise" large group I know of. I am a member of GOA and also an Endowment life Member of the NRA and a member of the CCRKBA. I will go all the way to Benefactor with the NRA when I can. They did refuse to back the Heller case which in HIND SIGHT was a mistake, but what if the decision went 3-4 instead of 4-3. We would be in a world of S**T as gun owners. That's what the NRA was afraid of plain and simple. Did I agree with them for not backing it, No, but I understand why they didn't. As far as junk mail, I receive ALOT of stuff from the NRA, but it is just wanting donations which I send sometimes, sometimes I don't. They need money to fight, the left has alot more than them. After Newtown, who was EVERYONE waiting to hear a response from, No one on our side except for the NRA. If it wasn't for the NRA, our Gun Rights would have been gone LONG AGO. The GCA of 68 is done and will never be repealed. 99%/+ of FFLs dont want to see it repealed because then anyone could deal arms and they would lose most of their business. I see FFLs complaining all the time about "private collectors" getting a table at the gun shows to sell a couple of their guns which is really petty imo. If the NRA starts talking about repealing it, then they will say they really have lost their minds, and continue to call them baby killers (even though the left supports abortion, never have figured that one out:confused:???). I agree with you, I think we should be able to order guns out of magazines and come directly to our houses, and I even believe that should include machine guns and selective fire weapons also:). However I know this is just a fantasy world and will never see:(...

Reactions: mikegs430

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thank God the local new media isn't as biased or opinionated as the national media is. With a Liberal controlled government here in Colorado things could've been a lot worse if the pending gun control legislation was never reported on the local news. Two sleazeball state senators are facing a recall election on Sept.10th because they failed to not only represent their constituents but barred public debate from the discussion. Colorado would still be a solid red State if it weren't for that scumbag Bloomberg spending tons of his own money to influence the lawmakers here. A States rights or laws should not be subjugated by outside influence whether it's an individual or the Federal government.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
State demographics are devolving rapidly in states such as CA and CO and have been since the 80's. I've lived in both states due to "that's where my technical talents were best appreciated" ie: I made more bucks. Most of the voting base went from born and raised citizens to displaced Blue State new residents so it's never surprised me how the political gun climate changed. Sorry but I don't buy the "as CA goes, so goes" argument or else we'd all be speak Spanish and Vietnamese ;) but that just raises the whole immigration thing that Congress is scared to death to take a stand for fear of upsetting a voting block their party might need to carry the next farce of an election.

Us gun folks need to be one well organized and cohesive unit in order to beat back the tyrannical actions of administrations that would see us disarmed and/or so heavily taxed and regulated that you'd be fortunate to buy one firearm every year and that firearm would be housed in a government armory that you can only visit once a month after paying 500 bucks in waiver fees. Yeah, sarcastic maybe, but who can predict the next liberal onslaught against firearms?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Anyone can make up any excuse in thier minds to not support groups such as the NRA,GOA,State and local groups.They will be the first to BITCH when things go bad and our rights are being taken away.We are in the situation we are in because OF US.If everyone would just VOTE the Politrickians would realize,"Hey that is one powerful voting block so we best not screw around."Don't like the NRA? How about the Gun Owners of America,The National Association for Gun Rights,State and local Associations? I am a member of All Of the Above.We need to organize,support our associations,vote and STOP THE Bitching.......JMHO.......Mike

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Why do people assume that if one does not support the NRA that they just sit back and whine, and do not belong to another group. Yes, I belong to GOA, no I will not compromise my own morals and beliefs and rejoin the NRA. any more than I would vote for Mitt Romney. The lesser of two evils vote does not resonate with me and I will never fall in line with it

Anyone can make up any excuse in thier minds to not support groups such as the NRA,GOA,State and local groups.They will be the first to BITCH when things go bad and our rights are being taken away.We are in the situation we are in because OF US.If everyone would just VOTE the Politrickians would realize,"Hey that is one powerful voting block so we best not screw around."Don't like the NRA? How about the Gun Owners of America,The National Association for Gun Rights,State and local Associations? I am a member of All Of the Above.We need to organize,support our associations,vote and STOP THE Bitching.......JMHO.......Mike

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
If you don't wish to join the NRA that is your right for whatever your reasons.I just do not think it is necessary or beneficial to publicly bash any gun right organization.If you are active in GOA or other organization than that is the important thing.We all need to stand together as gun owners because with current affairs we will see things go further downhill.If you voted for the present Whitehouse occupant I can only say "Hope you are happy with the results."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.