Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So......, I'll catch up a bit.

Lets see, October 2016, I bought a Lyman 50 cal black power rifle, and immediately stripped off the inferior finish, and refinished with what must have been the last large spray can of Birchwood Casey Tru Oil in existance.
Then I built a stainless steel ram-rod, because the plastic item included was a sad joke of a tool.
Just before Christmas 2016 (to celebrate the POTUS Election), I bought a new Ruger Flat Top 44 special with 4.62" bbl, and of course, I just had to dis-assemble it, lightly stone certain parts, and install Wolf special springs for that model.
I was shocked to find that (Lipsey's) revolver on the general new gun market, hence, I just had to have it, since Colt 44 spl SA revolvers are near impossible to be had, or so it seems.

This year in Sept/Oct, I finally bought a Henry Big Boy Blue in 41 magnum, since I was one of the pita people who regularly pestered the Henry folks (for years!) to build a lever rifle in that caliber.
For Christmas this year, I treated Myself to a Browning BL22 Grade 1 rifle, new of course, and a Leupold 4x28 rimfire (gloss) scope to match along with a pair of Burris polished blue steel rimfire rings.

I have yet to fire any of those 4 new firearms, though I did acquire TruGlo front & rear sights for the Henry BBB 41, and installed those...they are excellent for 64+ year old eyes.
Back during October, I bid my hiney off for a week (ebay), to win a brand new in the box, absolutely pristine Weaver K1.5x Steel Lite II scope for Henry, but that scope is wayyy too shiney for Henry's dull finish.
So, I put that beauty away along with a good handful of other long ago obsolete scopes, which are all brand new in factory boxes, and it would prolly be shameful to use them....ha-ha-ha.

We're planning on going to the range after Christmas (Cousin and Me) to sight in the Weatherby 223, the T/C Classic Benchmark 22, and My Savage 93 GV17, since I did some major scope switching, during late 2016.
My rifle scopes are mainly used for target punching these days, so higher power scopes are the way to go for My aging eyes.
Removed a 3-9x40 Leupold from the Weatherby 223 and added it to the 17 cal Savage 93GV.
The Weatherby gained an 8-32x44 target scope, while Mr Thompson was outfitted with Redfield's 4-12x40 Revolution model built by Leupold in Oregon.
I boxed up two real nice Burris American built scopes, a 3-9x40 gloss model, and a matte model 6x42, which I'll save for any future acquisitions.
I'm currently himmin' and hawwin' over Browning's T-Bolt 22 WMRF rifle, however, My first love would be either a Remington 597 Laminated wood, heavy barreled 22 WMRF rifle, ~or~ a like new Winchester 9422 in 22 WMRF.

Certainly this pestilent senior must be suffering a senile_citizen_life crisis!.....after all, one can never own enough firearms......wife never complains, so why should I? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Been wondering where you were

Reactions: ColtStar

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
welcome back...great to have u with us....Merry Christmas to you too...God Bless,John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts