Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, since joining this forum recently I have been reading many posts on grips and looking at way too many pics, but have not seen any grips like the ones on my SAA. They are marble, two piece, glued to a wood spacer.
The revolver (s/n 123,0xx) has been in the family forever, as far as I know, but I know little of the history of it. My dad said he was the last to shoot it prior to entering the service in WWII.
Any info on the origin of the grips or other comments greatly appreciated. thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,179 Posts
SAA grips have been made of all kinds of strange material over the years. I believe I have seen one other old SAA made with some ornate polished stone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You all are correct. These grips are about twice the weight of a set of wood grips and would raise a "noggin knot". I am in the process of carving a set of walnut grips to replace them. I don't want to chance chipping them further if I get a chance to ever fire the thing. I think a set of aged looking wood grips would look great on the old revolver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts