Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, hammer follows the slide when i release the slide stop AND i have pressure on the grip safety-only when i put pressure on the grip safety. i changed the spring for the hammer to a longer one and it still happens...it's my carry pistol and i am concerned....it has a trigger job too.i am thinking about sending it back to springfield-it is an operator .45 ACP...any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
hi guys, hammer follows the slide when i release the slide stop AND i have pressure on the grip safety-only when i put pressure on the grip safety. i changed the spring for the hammer to a longer one and it still happens...it's my carry pistol and i am concerned....it has a trigger job too.i am thinking about sending it back to springfield-it is an operator .45 ACP...any suggestions?
Same thing happened to my Colt 1911, it's going back to Colt. Don't load or shoot it in this condition. Your gun can go automatic.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I had a Browning Hi-Power that did the same thing many years ago. When I took the gun back to be fixed, I believe they told that the sear was not functioning properly and had to be replaced. The pistol worked ok after it was repaired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts