Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lads (and ladies, of course);

Since you've all been so very kind with your well wishes and prayers I thought I'd let you know the scoop since I just got out of the doctors' office an hour ago.

Doctor's Visit Today
I wish the news was all good, but I'm content to know there is indeed some bad news, but plenty of good news as well. He must have some long term expectations for me because he wants to see me again in a month. That's long term Bud? I guess not, but considering what I was looking at earlier this month that's a good thing. All joking aside though, he has given me a renewal for the new inhaler which helps me breath a lot easier than before, and..... he's put me on blood thinners to ward off the possibility of a big stroke. Don't want anymore of those nasty devils. He's also happy to see me breathing better now thanks to the additional diuretics I'm taking and he's set up an appointment at the hospital next week to have an Echo Cardiogram to see what damage has been done to my heart, and to see what kind of future lies ahead.

The bad news (wish I hadn't gone for those tests), is that I still have Pulmonary Edema, but I also have congestive heart failure. The new medications are supposed to help with this.

All in all he says that while no one really knows for certain, he says there's no reason I shouldn't have a few more years (with the help of the medication). I think he was being kind, but let's face it, any time I have from this point on will be great, and more than welcome.

My thoughts?
I plan on listening to what he, (my doctor) tells me. Whatever it takes is the word from now on, and even though I'm way past my "good until" date already, I plan on making a few changes immediately. I will try to eat as well as I can. Get plenty of sleep, and pour on the love for my family and friends, like there's literally no tomorrow. (and that means you bunch of pistoleros as well you know). Oh, and watch a lot more westerns than I have been. Good therapy ya know.

I still have my mother and my father, and for that I am truly blessed. I have two wonderful grown up sons that need me for a little while yet. There's also my two beautiful granddaughters that wouldn't be able to shout "hi grampa" at the top of their lungs as they crash through the door on Sundays.

Finally, I'd like to say how fortunate I am to have you bunch as my friends. I don't mean that just as a few cheap words strung together. I mean it just as sure as if we all had the same mother. You guys have brightened my day so many times when I come up here and for that I am also very grateful.

So thank you guys, each and every one of you. To have such friends when you're not at your best is a wonderful thing and it meant a lot to me, it really did. I can't thank you enough for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

So thanks everyone, thanks a million, and it looks like you're all gonna be stuck with me for a while yet. Ain't life grand?

Regards to all

Bud

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Sir, I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I like I am sure most of the members here enjoy your posts, and advice and yes all of us here on this forum are like family. God has a purpose for each of us, and you have many blessings in your life to be thankful for. Stay strong and remember that we members here on the forum share your love for fine firearms, and also your joy for living. Peace and God bless my friend.

Blade

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Thanks for being a great forum member and cyber friend.
Any words on mortality or good wishes thereof, don't really need to be spoken, do they, Bud?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Bud - thanks for the update. Very happy that you will be listening to the Doctor and making the life style changes. Take good care! Bill

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I wish you well bud, sounds like you know what to do and have the right attitude about it. hang in there!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
May the Lord's blessings keep showering on you, Bud. He's your ultimate strength and closest team partner. Continued prayers and, by golly, don't forget to keep squeezing off a rounds with your favorite Colt. That's great therapy, too!

Reactions: Matchlock

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
From one who has 'been there - done that' & still 'there and doing' best wishes and encouragement and my observation you have things going the right direction and a positive mindset. The positive mindset is in my experience the most important factor that you can personally control.

My several surgeries, including a triple bypass, I went in and thru with the intent of positive outcome. Plagued at age 89 since last November with un defined problems, recently had a down turn & quick diagnosis of Lymphoma. From positive diagnosis to first Chemo treatment was about three days, thanks to a series of coincidences or act of God, that eliminated various wait times between events. Now after second Chemo doing fine and Drs predict full recovery in about 3 months. Hanging on to positive mindset thru ups and downs all those months had its challenges made me even more a believer in it. I'm making it. Hang in there and you will too. God Bless, Bob M

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
My dear friend, hang in there. When first diagnosed with terminal cancer, I adopted the line from Steve McQueen's portrayal of Papillon - "Hey you bastards; I'm still here".

It was my mantra for the 8 years I've been in remission. Repeat it, live it, God bless you sir!! :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
One day at a time, if that makes sense? I feel awkward talking about these topics because I think I don't have the right words to say, but things just work out. I do have to say that your attitude is very positive and that is totally awesome. Heart problems run in my family and I have to admit that even though I'm fairly young still (42), as of late, I have been aware of this fact and it has begun to cause me concern.
Mark

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bud, so many kind words have been written in this thread that mine would only be repetitive, so Ill simply say, Stay the Course and have Faith in the Father

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hope all the best for you Bud. I have only been a member for a year, but I have always looked for your post. You my friend HAVE A GREAT STYLE. You just hang tuff and watch some more Cowboy movies and shows. Take care. Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having problems buddy, I wish you the best!
I went about 5 months without visiting the forum but like once or twice due to my own problems (mostly family illnesses-very severe ones). Thankfully some of the issues have resolved, Praise JESUS! Always keep the faith and the Lord will lead the way, God Bless!

Reactions: Matchlock

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Bud, I'll continue to pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. Be positive and follow doctor's orders and enjoy family and friends. Time for another write up of your beautiful engraved SAA and pictures. I enjoy seeing your leather work. Get well Joe

·
Premium Member
6,036 Posts
Bud,

Any day I hear from you is a good day. I'm saying our prayers for a lot more good days to come. :)

Take care, friend,

Tim

And Bob, I'm really glad to hear the chemo is helping. I'm praying for you, too!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts