Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Heiser made for the model M that I picked up on eBay recently. It is pretty much a "plain Jane", but I have been looking for one for awhile, and this fits my purpose. If our resident leather expert has any further information about the date of manufacture, it would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
If this site has its information correct:

Hermann H. Heiser Saddlery Company History and Maker Marks - www.vintagegunleather.com California

Then the age of your holster could be from a wide range.

By the late 1950s Heiser had been completely absorbed into a company called Heiser Keyston Lichtenberger, and the mark changed accordingly.

Keyston itself is more famous amongst capgun holster collectors, such as myself, than Heiser is amongst real holster users, many of whom have neither heard of Heiser nor care to. Keyston had been in the capgun holster business for decades before acquiring Heiser, the latter disappearing by the 1960s. Good examples of Keyston capgun sets are valuable and much sought-after by the Baby Boomers. In the Fifties, the capguns themselves were mere accessories to the holster sets.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to the stamp used on this holster ranged from 1919 to 1955, which indeed is a wide range. I did discover that the number "428" indicates that "4" digit is for plain or smooth, "2" indicates auto pistol, and "8" the third digit is open or closed toe, which in this case is open.I have no idea what the number eleven above the makers mark indicates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts