Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Long time gun enthusiast here. I grew up shooting a Woodsman owned by my dad and I've always wanted another one, for equal parts nostalgia, collectability, and joy. After years of browsing, I finally came across the Woodsman pistol at the right price yesterday. It's a 1938 Target model. I received the original manual with it too, but no box. The pistol is in pretty good shape overall, and I'm happy with the purchase so far, although I haven't taken it to the range just yet. The only pics I have are the ones I took in the truck on the way home, because I'm a giddy little boy when it comes to new toys and couldn't wait to get it home :D

This Woodsman is my first experience as a Colt owner. Not for any reason other than I simply bought other things first. It's also my first gun purchased as a collectible. I have other firearms that are sentimental to me that were owned by my grandfathers, but this is my first true firearm collectible. It might not be much for those who are super serious about collecting firearms, but it's super special to me and I'm really proud of it!

Cheers!

image8.jpg image7.jpg image6.jpg image5.jpg

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Well, you won't find a more useful repository of Colt information and firearms culture than right here.
Check out the whole site and see what I'm sayin'.
Don't be surprised if you develop a 'need' for more Colts.
You're gonna have fun.
Colt Forum Forever!
HooRah!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the find. Getting the original manual with it = BONUS! Good for you. Enjoy, and know you are in very good company here at the forum. It's really nice when firearms are heirlooms, handed down through generations.
Trooper Ron

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
And fine looking Woodsman too!
Welcome
Vic

Reactions: Colt-SL and WVCOLT

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us here. And a fine looking gun you have there. Thanks for sharing it with us all here.

Reactions: 824tsv
1 - 14 of 14 Posts