Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here in the forum for a few days and have been busy soaking up all of the great knowledge here when I get a chance. Looking forward to participating more this winter in my off season. I lost a few weapons in Hurricane Ike and an now replacing them slowly.
I have a Colt AR Sporter 1991 mfg date that I acquired in like new condition. Since then, lots of rounds down the tube and a few hogs on the ground. It's a nail driver!
I just traded for my first Colt revolver. A 99% Trooper MK 5 -6". Going to the range next week to "break it in " and plan to clear out some hogs from my friends lease before bow season. I shoot all my weapons and am kind of concerned about messing up the nice original grips on it. Any recommendations for grips to put on while in heavier use?
Just a side note: I traded a Sig for the MK. Very happy with the trade:)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Welcome from N.TX. and a good trade indeed ,those MK V are sweet. blue or nickel??

Try to find some houge rubber grips .

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome aboard the Forum, Capt Bryan! You've found the place for all things Colt. Enjoy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Eagleeye, it is a blue finish. I haven't seen many firearms with as nice a finish as this one. Finally have time for the range today and can't wait to put a box down the tube. I cleaned it good last night good and can't tell that it's ever been shot.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum from TN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts