Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around the AR forums online and I just found this forum - I don't know why I didn't search for it sooner. I am not new to handguns but I am new to the AR platform which will be my main interest here. I just bought a brand new Colt LE6920 and this forum may be the place to listen, learn, and ask questions. My immediate goal is to clean it and shoot it somewhere. I would also like to get with someone who is knowledgeable or take some basic lessons as I do not have a military background. Is there anyone in Dallas who can show me the ropes on shooting this fine weapon? The only modification I foresee as of now is to add an optic, probably Aimpoint, and a light. I will be reading up on these topics. I also will pick up a Colt 1911 sooner or later.Thanks all!Dave

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
You should find someone here to help you. Welcome to the Colt Forum from TN.

Reactions: Dave58

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jcs! I will do a lot of reading here I am sure.Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi from Oregon,
I'm new too. I found that if I keep my eyes open during the firing and make a mental note of where the site was when it went off, you just keep getting better and better. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the many Welcome wishes. I know I will learn plenty of Colt specifics here - Colt ARs for now, and sooner or later, I have to buy a Colt 1911 to go with my Springfield [email protected] : don't close your eyes while shooting lol. I can't wait to shoot my new 6920. I have to clean the factory lube off first and then re-lube. Was planning to use Ballistol for this. I read to make sure the BCG is very well lubed and even check/clean the barrel. Colt does test fire them before shipping right. What does everyone use for cleaning/lubing?Thanks all.Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts