Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a police chief in East Texas with 35 years on the job. I don't collect guns because I want to shoot everything I own. I amaze my officers because I carry a Colt OP that was made in 1950.....the same year I was born....and use a 3" Chief Special as a backup gun. In this age of Tupperware automatics and officers carrying 300 rounds on their belt I keep telling them you only need one round if you place it right....Of course they all think I am a Jurassic Cop:eek:... I did recently bow to progress and bought a set of Python faux aged ivory grips for my OP and will keep the original grips also. I also have a 1919 model 1911 that I keep in my desk for disgruntled customers...;)

This is a great forum with a lot of helpful people on it. I am happy I joined it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Texan!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Chief! I'll take a "Jurassic Cop" every time over some of the hotshots you describe carrying "Tupperware automatics" and packing "300 rounds." Here in rural Ohio we thankfully still have a few Chiefs like you to keep in line some of the more Gestapo-like young bobbies carrying those "Plastic Fantastic" guns. Enjoy the ride and thanx for joining!

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Welcome from West Texas though I did live in East Texas a spell :) Um has that warrant expired yet ? :) Great forum here so please enjoy and jump right in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Howdy Jefe, from a former Texas officer (La Porte PD) now retired to God's Country (our East Texas). Seems like we have a lot in common....both Texans, both born in '50, both with over 35 years LE experience and both admire classic revolvers.
I'm sure (to quote the great Bill Jordan) "You'll do to ride the river with."

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from southeast Texas.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome Chief, from the Ohio hills. This is a great forum, you will fit right in. Maybe you can find me a deal on one of those fine Texas Colt .45's that I would love to own.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Welcome from another SE Texan!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I truly enjoy this site even though my wife tries to keep me off of it because there is always "just one more" old Colt that I find that I want :)

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Welcome boss from another LEO just having passed his 35 year anniversary. Things sure have changed in that time haven't they?! I have to carry auto on-duty but primarily carry a Det. Spec. and Cobra off. Just something about that absolute confidence. Looking at hopefully just another 9 months or so and then anticipating a possible move to the great State of Texas from the Pacific NW. Lookin' forward to the sun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fortibus55,
Thanks. I spent one miserable year in Montana and had to come back to Texas. The scenery is beautiful but there is absolutely NO sun there...Not my kind of place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts